News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Rude People

Started by Sunset, November 11, 2016, 08:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunset

What is it with so many people? I run into eight rude out of ten. It drives me nuts that so many folks are so into their self or what ever to be even slightly considerate. I was standing in the way of a lady at Wal-Mart, but didn't know it. When I realized I was in la la land and in her way I said sorry excuse me. Her response was to glare at me and say nothing. This is just one example in the day. Another was two guys, one talking on his phone all the while actually pushing me out of his way to get at the taco sauce. I was brought up to say thank you, excuse me, I'm sorry, please, no sir. This lady was my age so I know she was raised the same time as me. I continue to be polite even though it seems out of style.
What are people teaching their children these days, nothing matters but ME!!!
Sorry for the rant, but life is just to short to go around mad at the world. :( :( :( :(
84 Islander 28

Frank

It's EVERYWHERE!!!!!

That's one reason I love the Abacos. Everyone is on "island mode"
No sense of urgency....they stop and talk, full eye contact and no rush.
They live like we should...
Yesterday on local news it showed a fire truck....lights flashing, sirens blaring...coming across an intersection. A group of younger people were crossing the street...all head down texting. One actually walked right into the fire truck!! It had to stop to make sure they were ok before proceeding to their call. Quite the video!! Shows how dissconnected society has become!!
The video has audio and the sirens were LOUD!!
Crazy....but that's what has become the norm....
Dissconnected from others....connected "outside"
People are SO "me" oriented.
I read a good line in the paper the other day about the "millennium" generation:
"Never before have such "entitled" expected so much for doing so little"
Most all generations have saddly changed the last few years....
Hold the door open for someone....no "thanks"
Let another car across an intersection....no "nod" of thanks...
The list goes on....

End of rant
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Sunset

Amen Frank!
The wife and I are now working each week towards the goal of throwing the dock lines and heading out next Oct. We have never been so committed to a goal since raising our granddaughter. And yes she is very polite, but don't understand why most others are not.

We are making progress on our Islander 28 every week for next winter in the Keys. Just being around boat people will help my take on the human race.
84 Islander 28

CharlieJ

LOL Understand. BUT- seems to depend on where you are. I live 25 miles away from a larger city (Victoria). In the grocery store there. ladies pushing carts ( and men) will run over you and glare

Here in my town of 1/3 the size, they'll smile and move out of the way. And say how do.

Amazed me when I moved
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

CharlieJ

Again, depends. Here I've had other drivers raise a hand and wave for letting them go ahead.

Waited today while someone got clear of a space- he waved..

But you are right about the younger folks with the cell phones. The Zombie apocalypse has happened :)
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

CharlieJ

And you will find that CRUISING people are far different from the average city person
They KNOW you can't toss out plastic and solve your problems. At least most do

And I've met a BUNCH of them. It's a whole entire different world
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera