News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Allure 16/17

Started by Frank, November 13, 2016, 08:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB1973

Enjoying the updates. Read thru the previous years adventures. Looks you are enjoying it more each year. Hope to be finding myself over there as well in the next year or so. Fair winds

s/v Faith

So glad you are "out there" again Frank!  I seem to remember getting a phone call a week or so ago....  Iirc it was a couple of slurred voices that may have been yours and Kurts?  Barque was easier to understand....  I am glad he was there to look after 'youse'.

Quote from: Frank on November 19, 2016, 11:04:18 PM
Yep....rudders are lashed on and have 53,000 miles on the same lashings!
Still for sale but a serious looker flying in December. Sad...miss them out on the water. I remember them leaving the last time in the Abacos.
It was very early, we'd had a bonfire the night before for a farewell. No fanfare, they raised sail, hauled the anchor, back winded the jib to bring the bows over, then sheeted in and silently sailed off between the other boats anchored. Conch horns were blowing good byes to them... It was beautiful to witness..
Ask them about the "baggy winkle society" next time you see them.
You'll laugh...

Does my memory serve me Frank, was that the bonfire we shared with them when I was passing through aboard Emerald Tide with Beth?
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Frank

Slurred "voice".....NOT "voice s"
I was trying to take care of my buddy Kurt..but as you know..thats a job!!😄

Yep, Annie and Nev were at the fire.

Ya gotta get Faith cleaned up and over here!!

Have fun on da west coast!!
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Frank

Hectic few days of prep, but back "on da water" and floating yesterday afternoon. It is SO much nicer than being in the yard! Going to take a few easy days and then head to ???

Jim_ME

Good to see you afloat again, Frank. :)

You make it look easy...can easily see how keeping the boat there frees you up to spend your time already at the area where you want to be.

Frank

Thanks Jim
Not all that easy...
Just be organized and "gitterdun" 😄
Laundry and interior cleaning today. Washed sheets before I left but after the summer "baking" below...sheets n pillow cases smelled a bit musty.
Used Scott's "liquid gold" spray on interior teak today. Easier than oil to apply and looks rich.
A few pics..
Bad forecast
Sailing into harbour late
New Plymouth this morning
Love the "home port" 😄 great sailing lil C&C 25

ralay

Makes me want to sew a little planet earth flag for our stern.

Frank

Too funny seeing Chritmas lights AND snowmen down here!!

Frank

Quick update:

Spent some time at "da Turtle"
After several years increasingly frustrated and carb apart twice since landing, sailed to Marsh Harbour and got a new 5hp Yamaha 2 stroke for the dingy. Sweet... My 2 didn't really have nuetral and no reverse. Such luxury now 😄
On the way I guided friends through "don't Rock passage" it's very shallow and they'd never done it. Saves close to 2 hours on the way down.
While there saw a boat from France and another from Hawia.
Sailed up to Treasure Cay today to refuel and provision. Much better prices than Green Turtle and a way shorter walk with groceries than Marsh H.
Coming in the entrance, a ray broke water in front of me. Only the 3rd time I've seen it happen. They sure splash on the re-entry.
Had to walk over to the beach, then treated myself to a bbq Tbone onboard.
Meat prices here aren't bad. Juice, paper towel and TP are crazy!
Depending on winds...may sail to Allan's Pensacola tomorrow as friends just crossed and are hanging out there. No set plan...

ralay

What do you use to post so often?  Do you get on the Internet everyday or have some kind of international data plan?

Frank

IPad with SIM card. Betelco is the local provider. 2gigs/mth for $30
Great for weather, emails, banking etc.
Last year was the 1st time I used it. Before that was stealing wifi where I could. Much like nuetral and reverse on my new dingy engine...what luxury 😄😄

CharlieJ

Quote from: ralay on December 02, 2016, 08:02:42 PM
What do you use to post so often?  Do you get on the Internet everyday or have some kind of international data plan?

Ralay-WHERE did you post the pic of Mona bashing to weather down the Chesapeake?? Can't find it again
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

ralay

You are the king of thread hijacking, Charlie.   ;D I posted one on Facebook.  Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Frank

Great day to sail from Treasure Cay up to Manjack. At times 5.7....other times down to 2.2, but it didn't matter. Felt great to be back!

Frank

Anchored off the beach near "Brendal's dock" at Manjack. Beautiful afternoon...just cleaning up and listening to tunes. Brendal had some guests up at the beach and when he left..swung by and passed a "boom bay smash" over to me ..."welcome back" ...
Ya gotta love it 😄

Frank

I'm trying not to post sunset pictures......but geez they never get old to me. Every night is different .....

Frank

Morning coffee view doesn't get much better.
Was rocking at anchor overnight but sure calmed down for the morning!

Bubba the Pirate

Wonderful shot and no reason to scimp on sunset pictures. I'm not in the Midwest anymore but i know all your pics are important to the snowbound. :-)
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tim

A grog for keeping up the good work Frank! ;D
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Frank

My new dingy is here.
Borrowed a friends for the 1st while...
I was going to go with an injection/molded indestructible...but...
Would have had to make truck racks to take it to Florida, then sail Allure back to get it, then back here...  Too complicated....
So....a cheap west marine dingy and my new 5hp 2 stroke bought here.
Only 46lbs AND a seperate 3 gallon tank.
Easily planes when alone, nuetral/ reverse a luxury (after soon to be 15yrs of 2hp 'point and shoot' starts), no over the transon refills etc.....feeling spoiled!
No biggy...but cruising makes small things big 😄