-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Allure 16/17

Started by Frank, November 13, 2016, 08:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Allure today on a mooring in Black Sound

Geez the panel looks big 😄
But....even overcast days like today keep things running...

Edit: kinda funny....
       Looking at the picture I know my water tank (at bow, 50 gallons) is
       Half full from the boats trim 😄
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

SeaHusky

How many knots does the solar panel add when sailing down wind?
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.

Frank

Must be good for at least half a knot 😄

Wonder if that would be legal in a race? 😳😳

Frank

Not much has changed here...

Black sound pictures close to 11yrs apart

"Revival", my Ariel 26 in January 2006

"Allure", my 27 last week

Frank

Nice sunset last night!
After some windy n wet days....nice weather has returned
A 'super tide' this morning....water was close to the street when I walked in for the morning coffee and BS session with the boys

Frank

Been in Black Sound all week visiting
Was awakened at 5am daily by loud, guttural drum beats and chants. Seems a local Christmas tradition here with the blacks is a 5am march through town, beating the big drums, singing Christmas carols and wishing everyone well. It ends at various little restaurants that give out free breakfasts to the marchers.
Thought I'd drag my lazy butt off the boat and walk into town to join them saturday. Got up at 4am, took the dingy to shore and walked into town to the building they start from. Got there at 4:50, by 5:10, nobody was there so thought they might start late Saturday's. Sat alone in the dark until 6:10 (an hour n 20minutes) then walked down to where some local lads have coffee every morning. Got teased cuz they only do do the march week days 😄
First Christmas here seems to have a few surprises :-)

jotruk

I need to be there it was 20 Degrees here this morning and looks like about 15 for tonight dang I am tired of this already
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Frank

Had a nice broad reach up to Manjack today for a "Christmas tree decorating party"
Wonderful evening!! About 15 cruisers joined friends on their veranda for drinks, went in and finished decorating the tree, the more food and drinks again....only with music. 4 guitar players, 3 sang and a fiddler all jammed or took turns solo. Nice to see some old cruising friends and meet a couple of new ones too!!
A surprise was Jason and Anna....2 of the 3 young people in the picture of dinner at Annie and Neville's I had posted earlier were there! Cleared in 3 days ago. Great to see them!
An amazing, laid back "feel good" evening. Full stars on the dingy ride back to Allure and phosphorous sparkling in the wake kinda completed it all.

CharlieJ

Yeah, we are getting hammered too, but not sub zero- here's an excerpt from a meteorologist in Houston--

Temperature falls with the front are averaging 25-30 degrees in about an hour. Front will reach College Station between 1000-1100pm, metro Houston by midnight and blast off the coast by 200-300am

And yeah it did. Was 80 yesterday at about 4;00 was 34 this morning. With 35 mph winds
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Cyric30

Ya this is nuts, was 75 Saturday, this morning 7.

Frank

Now......back to regularly scheduled programming on this thread 😄

Taken just now.....

jotruk

s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Jim_ME

Enjoying your posts and photos Frank.  :)
Feeling a little warmer while up late/early on a -10F night, keeping the wood fires burning...

Frank

It's been real cold up home too.
Some days were -25 with the windchill. Seems not too bad now.

After a few wind/rain days last week, it's beautiful here right through Christmas. I sailed back from Manjack this morning and just anchored out by the mailboat dock.

Pic is last nights sunset.
Every night is different....they never get old to me...

Sunset

84 Islander 28

Frank

Up at 4am to make it in and do the Christmas carol-drum beat March with them at 5am this morning. Started with about 15 or so but more joined in as we passed houses until the group was around 40. They marched, beat drums and sang for a full hour! Felt neat to join in their tradition.

lance on cloud nine

you're living right!!!!
"a boat must be a little less than a house, if you want it to be much more."

Cyric30

Hay Frank
Just seen this today, but if your a football fan, i seen there is an collage bowl game in Nassau, the Bahamas Bowl, might sail over and enjoy something a bit different, know its a long shot, but it amused me, so thought i would mention it :)

Frank

They take football pretty seriously here!

I'm not much of a fan....but enjoy watching others get all wound up when a game is on tv during happy hour. Surprised there's not more fan heart attacks 😄😜

Cyric30

Im not a big fan either, but i might go to the bowl game just to say i had went. would make for a fun story.