Spring is in the air! Plans? Projects? Cruises to? What's da crew up to?

Started by Frank, April 02, 2017, 04:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

God made small boats for younger boys and older men

ralay

Now: In our tent on off-road bike tour from Pittsburgh to DC.
Next: Sail St. Michaels to Philadelphia for a few weeks to hang out with family.
Then: Sail to Maine for rest of season.

(Assuming our boat hasn't​ sunk/escaped while we're gone)

Norman

Hi Ralay and wOOdy, neat trip, my son did most of that with some co workers.  They loved the trip, but it was a challenge due to rain making the tow path of the C&O canal muddy.

When do you expect to reach Washington?  And, how do you plan to get the bikes and yourselves to St Michaels and Mona?  I may be able to help out, as I have a pickup truck.

Shirley and I are going to take a "train cruise" in May and when we get back, this years sailing plans will start to form.

Jim_ME

Quote from: ralay on April 02, 2017, 09:01:40 PM
Now: In our tent on off-road bike tour from Pittsburgh to DC.

When a foot of snow appeared on April Fools Day, I wondered how you were doing on your bike tour...maybe it fell as rain there?

Hope that it is going well.

ralay

@Norman:. We bought the bikes off Craigslist just for the trip.  We'll post them on the DC Craigslist when we get close and hopefully sell them before heading back to the Eastern Shore.  We're aiming to meet W00dy's mom and Grandma who might take us across, but I'll let you know if we're still looking for transportation.  Too many variables to plan far ahead.

@Jim: Nope, no snow.  Only rain.  There's a chance of snow up here near the continental divide this weekend, but we'll be shooting down into the lowlands tomorrow.