Compac 19/II
Seidelman 295

Frank

Congrats!
Beautiful boat
Nice pictures
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Bob J (ex-misfits)

I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

wolverine

Thank you.  The other owner brought her back from the dead.  He gave me a thumb drive documenting all the work he did to her.
Compac 19/II
Seidelman 295

Norman

Wolverine, I ignored the following warning that this is ancient history, because in Covid time, there is a different standard.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Two things of interest.

If Covid had not been an issue, I would have tried for a berth on the cruise home with you.

Second, how about a more complete story of the events of the trip, for those of us just waiting for the adventures of the sailors who have been out there since Covid came to roost like a buzzard, overlooking our lives.

With time passing, the forgettable can be forgotten  ::), and the successes properly embellished  ;D, as Mark Twain observed so successfully in creating his mostly factual stories.

Your pictures posted after reaching home did document a fine boat, and clearly, it performed well.  With crew, you probably could have done more sailing, but with a reliable engine, still a fine trip.

The followers of Frank wait patiently for a new fix from someone else's voyage, even if a little out of date.

Newly boatless Norman, sold my boat last fall.  88 is too old for solo sailing, so future sailing will be on other people's boats.

wolverine

Norman,
I wish I could give a more descriptive narrative, unfortunatley I was a bad captain and failed to keep a log of the trip.  I could write something up by looking through the many pics and video I took.  Give me some time as I may be embarking on a 2 week cruise around the Aberlmarle later this month.  I promise I will keep a log if I do go. 

Carl
Compac 19/II
Seidelman 295

Norman

:) Precision is not a requisite for telling the story, just a reasonable time or location relationship of the events most remembered.

I have a "Log" of 4 paragraphs that expanded to 5 pages of text which described the two day adventure on one of our wedding anniversaries.

The Albemarle cruise will be looked forward to, and do not spend so much time making a detailed log that the cruise itself is degraded.

Bon Voyage!