Author Topic: Where to anchor/slip MD. Solomons/lusby/deale?  (Read 163 times)

Offline lastgreatgeneration

• kARRR-ma: +7/-0
  • Cape Dory 28
Where to anchor/slip MD. Solomons/lusby/deale?
« on: May 31, 2017, 03:17:21 PM »
Looking for some sailfar help here. I'm starting a new industrial project for work and the job is going to last for a while. It's about an hour drive where I currently live in Annapolis. It would be easier if I was in deale, Solomon's or lusby. I will even take a decent slip if anyone knows a great place. I hear Harrington harbor is nice :).

I would like to anchor out as I enjoy the scenery, weather and the rowing. Plus I like to hold on to my money. I would also require a place to park my car. Also I will be working around 50 hours a week so I won't be around often. Thanks
I now have a cannon, pirates ye be warned! Also a pirate sword!

Offline w00dy

• kARRR-ma: +44/-0
Re: Where to anchor/slip MD. Solomons/lusby/deale?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 04:21:26 PM »
There is a small public dinghy dock in Solomon's island, though depending on where you anchor it is a pretty long distance to row. Not sure about parking though. We met a Canadian cruiser who had been at anchor in the creek there for quite some time, though he had an inflatable and a working outboard.

Offline lastgreatgeneration

• kARRR-ma: +7/-0
  • Cape Dory 28
Re: Where to anchor/slip MD. Solomons/lusby/deale?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 08:49:07 PM »
Thank you, gps or street name would help tremendously. I will investigate that and grog for you. Also if you are in the Chesapeake, say hi and we'll join for drinks and food.
-dan
I now have a cannon, pirates ye be warned! Also a pirate sword!

ralay