God made small boats for younger boys and older men

CharlieJ

Jim and I were wondering the same thing
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Bubba the Pirate

It ain't much, but I've posted a "Joining Emma for a Cruise" page on bubbathepirate.com

Posted in my ongoing Bubba the Pirate Blog thread:

http://sailfar.net/forum/index.php?topic=4609.20
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ralay

Underway in Vineyard Sound.  Block Island to Vineyard Haven.  SW 10-15 gusting 20.  Main with preventer and mostly blanketed jib.  We are rolling rolling rolling with 3-5' waved on the quarter. 

Flippy the Aries has been steering all day since Woody made it a new bushing.  Autopilot broke to even things out.  One other sailboat in sight.  Sailfar sized sloop "Happy Cloud" beating and bouncing its way to windward over to Cuttyhunk. 

Eufaula_Matt

Hi,just joined this morning, so here's my first post.
Sailing-not today
Repairing- working on a house inherited from my father-in-law
Revelation- life is short, ignore it at your own risk
Frustrated- yep. Not sailing. Had my com-pac 19 hauled out for extensive repairs since late last summer. Done with repairs and rebedding all the deck hardware when a big storm came thru a few weeks ago and dropped a huge tree pretty much right down the center. Too much work for me to do right now and way too expensive to have professionally done. So haven't been out since last summer.
Something neat? Definitely! Went and looked at a sovereign 24 yesterday afternoon. Well kept family boat. Looked great and we'll be going for a sail next Saturday and we'll be taking ownership of new boat in a slip in a great marina! My wife always says when the time is right everything will come together. She's usually right.
If anyone has any experience with a sovereign 24 I'd love to hear about it.
Glad to be here,Matt
P.S. Frank love reading your posts and adventures

CharlieJ

welcome aboard Matt- is the Eufaula from the lake in Okla?
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Eufaula_Matt

Nope the original area in Alabama. The creeks removed from here on the Trail of Tears went to Eufaula OK. Later they built a lake in both places- hence two Lake Eufaulas.

Eufaula_Matt

Eufaula was the original tribe in this area. Thanks for the welcome!

lance on cloud nine

currently sitting at home in Indiana.....pondering if I have time from work to hitch up my little AMF Sunbird behind my van and boogie up to the North Channel before months end. We will see.  O'Day 26 coming along surely but slowly...hope to have it in the Florida waters by Christmas.
THANKS TO ALL WHO POST HERE! it is much appreciated. I sure enjoy reading it when you do.
I always count myself as very lucky to have a wife that will sail with me on any boat, just about any place.
"a boat must be a little less than a house, if you want it to be much more."

Frank

Well well.... seems there ARE folks out there!!  :)

Thanks ya all for the posts.

Welcome aboard Matt.
Thanks for the comments
Look forward to hearing your adventures and remember the sacred rule
---PICTURES-- 😄😄

Having a crazy wet crappy spring-early summer here in NE Ontario.
The PNW is calling.......

Phantom Jim

I have been busy helping hew a new bowsprit for my son's Baba 30.  i am getting too old for this physical labor stuff.  At least the sprit looks good.
Phantom Jim

Bob J (ex-misfits)

I finally received my gear drive that bolts up to the electric motor so I'm happy about that.
Been fairing all the dings on the bottom of the boat, strut & keel so I can begin to barrier coat, antifoul paint her. Trying real hard to get her out of my yard & in the water this year.
Glassed in a couple of no longer needed thru hulls also. Seems once you start...
Hello Matt
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

Frank

Quite the beefy looking sprit Jim

Misfits: Hope to see pictures of your final motor-drive install and how it works

Phantom Jim

It really is quite manly looking, isn't it.  The same size that was taken out.
Phantom Jim

K3v1n

We are sailing! Also breaking down and running aground! :D
It's all part of the fun, right?

CharlieJ

As far as running aground there are two kinds of sailors

Those who have run aground

And

Those who lie about

:) :)
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Quote from: Frank on July 11, 2017, 06:37:19 AM
Quite the beefy looking sprit Jim

Misfits: Hope to see pictures of your final motor-drive install and how it works

For sure Frank. Planning on putting a big dent in the project next week.

Kev, running aground. That's the pits
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

Frank

Running aground isn't the pits....

It's inevitable 😄😄😄

w00dy

Jim is that a laminated or solid timber?

Also,  running aground is good.....keeps you......down to earth!  ;D ;D :P ;) :'( :'(

Phantom Jim

You guys are going to think us crazy, but it is a 6x6 preserved pine timber from Home Depot.  We selected one with a straight grain and no knots or shakes.  Reminds me of how they made masts in yesteryear...cut a straight tree and whittle it down. 

Fir or mahogany would be better, but the cost was prohibitive for a school teacher.

If you look close you can see a shake opening on the "top" (near side in the view). The shake lets John get more pine tar into the timber.  By our estimate this is plenty strong for his purpose and the pine tar will make is smell like a pirate!
Phantom Jim