Posting pictures and using the SailFar gallery.

Started by CapnK, December 19, 2005, 09:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieJ

Very odd- I still haven't changed a thing on my cookies and it keeps coming up fine for me. I use Mozilla and  run XP
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Captain Smollett

Kurt,

I tried to edit the caption of one of my own pics in the gallery, and got a message saying "you do not have permission to access that page" when I clicked "Save Changes" after making my edits.

I also tried to move a pic from one of my albums to another and got the same message.

Is this the expected behavior, or should we be able to edit our own pictures?
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

AdriftAtSea

Capn Smollett-

Sounds a bit odd that you're not allowed to edit your own photos... maybe the permissions are set wrong on the galleries
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Captain Smollett

Dan,

Were you successful in editing one of your (if only for a test)?  Knowing that would help narrow it down to a possible site-wide issue or a per-user issue.

Thanks.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Godot

I thought I saw someone mention this before, but I don't see the message...

I went to update the caption on one of my photo's and I was informed the I don't have permission to do that.  That can't be right.  Is there a way to fix this?
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

Bill NH

How can I view other members' galleries?  When I click on "sailFar Gallery" and then on "Member Galleries", under User List it says "There are no user galleries"...  Did I accidentally change a setting somewhere?  Thanks for any assistance,
Bill
125' schooner "Spirit of Massachusetts" and others...

CharlieJ

You must have cause it just worked fine for me.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Captain Smollett

This pops up from time to time; I occasionally see it, too.

Kurt is aware of it (or should be) - there have been numerous threads on this topic.

Best advice I can offer is to try again later (in  few days) - perhaps logout, delete cookies and log back in (If you are logged into the forum, you should be logged into the gallery; if you have to log in manually, credentials should be the same).

I've not seen a consistent fix for this intermittent problem.   :(
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

BobW

Is it possible to add pics to an existing gallery?  If so, how do I do it?

I created a gallery this morning (to see if I could - I could!), and I was able to delete a file, but I can't figure out how to add a file.  If I can't do that, I'll be sure to figure out what I want in a gallery before starting.

Thanks.
Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI
Building Gardens of Fenwick, a Welsford Pathfinder
Karen Ann, a Storer Goat Island Skiff

Captain Smollett

"Hi Bob"   :)

If you are logged in, near the top of the page, you should see some links:

Home::My Gallery::Upload File::Logout

Upload File is the one you want.  After you upload the file(s), you will be prompted to specify which gallery you wish to add them to.  IIRC, you get a prompt per file, so you can upload a batch and assign them to different galleries.

Hope this helps,

--John
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

BobW

Thanks, John.

I'll go play with it!
Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI

BobW

John,

Your advice paid off.  I was able to add a pic to the "test" gallery I created this morning.

Thanks.
Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI

CapnK

Glad you got it, Bob. :)

Grog fer both of ya, more pics!  ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

BobW

Where did the galleries go?  Clicking on "Member Galleries" tells me "There are no user galleries."

I know I accessed the galleries the other day.  What am I doing wrong today?

Bob
Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI

Captain Smollett

Quote from: BobW on August 06, 2007, 11:12:22 PM
Where did the galleries go?  Clicking on "Member Galleries" tells me "There are no user galleries."

I know I accessed the galleries the other day.  What am I doing wrong today?

Bob

Probably nothing.  If you check this and other gallery related threads, you'll notice that this issue pops up from time to time.

"Try again later" is the best I can advise.  At one point, I thought deleting my sailfar cookies helped resolve it, but later noticed that did not help.  You can try that if you wish.

It's been a very frustrating thing in that it is very intermittent.  Phase of the moon maybe?
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

BobW

So, patience is a virtue waiting for the galleries to reappear?  :-)

Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI

Bill NH

Tried to attach a photo to a post, but I couldn't get it to work.  The attachments upload directory was not writable, or something like that.  Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?  It happens everytime I try to attach a photo to a post.
Thanks in advance,
Bill

Captain Smollett

Bill, I don't think you can 'attach' photos to a post.

The method I use is to upload the photos to my gallery, then link to them using the img tags (or click the little link above that looks like a photo to insert the img tags into your post).

If for some reason you don't want to use SailFar's gallery (your same userid and pw will work if you get prompted for credentials), you can use photobucket or imageshack, etc.

Does this help?
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

AdriftAtSea

If you're on a PC, you can use Google's Picasa software to manage your photos and also use it to upload them to the Picasa website, where you can open an account.  Makes it pretty easy to do.  Then post a link to the images over at your picasa account.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Bill NH

What I'm trying to do is use a photo in a post like Bob did here...

http://sailfar.net/forum/index.php?topic=1226.0

... is this what you're describing using the gallery and an img tag?
Thanks for the help,
Bill

PS Just tried inserting the image tags, with the whole url from the gallery between the tags.  All I got was the white boxes with the red "X"....  Do I use a shortened address to include an image from the SailFar gallery?