S2 11 (36') Center Cockpit... Help Please

Started by SV Dayenu, September 29, 2017, 03:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SV Dayenu

Hello all,
it's been a while since I've been here. Happy to say, it's been because we've been sailing our C26 in the San Juan Islands!  ;D

Well, after spending a month on board there (Our second month+ long trip on our boat), We've decided to get a larger boat and take off!

Our first choice was an S2 9.2 Center Cockpit. We found a couple up in Portland Oregon who graciously invited us to take a tour of their boat.

Absolutely amazing the experience the difference between listing photos and the real thing! OMG!!! Not what we were hoping for! Just too small. We LOVE the S2 Center cockpit layout! It's PERFECT for what we're planning. (Comfort and space below is our number 1 priority!) We researched a LOT of possible candidates wanting to stay around 35'.

We're solidly set on the S2 11 (36') Center Cockpit as our next boat... Especially after seeing a YouTube video tour where the person filming, filmed himself (6' tall), in the boat. When we saw him standing in the aft cabin, we instantly recalled barely being able to sit up on the aft berth of the S2 9.2!!!!

What we're hoping to find here, is someone who owns or knows of an owner in Southern California who would be gracious enough to let us visit and tour their boat. We live in southern Oregon and hoping to escape the cold, grey and snow between Christmas and New years day. We still have a LOT of sailing buddies down there and looking forward to catching up and maybe do a little sailing. I've emailed them all asking them to keep their eyes open for us, including a dear friend who's a yacht broker in marina del Rey. We're willing to drive between Ventura and San Diego to be able to see this boat in person...

Would appreciate any help!

Best,
Richard & Tresa

PS: Note: we "thought" we found one for sale in Dan Diego. They listed it as the S2 11 center cockpit, but in reality it's an S2 35' Center cockpit... COMPLETELY different boat! Different layout and more importantly, it has a balsa cored hull which I won't touch with a super long spinnaker pole! LOL!

Thanks again!

Bob J (ex-misfits)

I remember first time seeing the S211 at the boat show in Boston, 1985. I fell in love with.
In St . Martin had a chance to go out on one for a day trip, snorkling & lunch, I liked it.
Personally just having that aft stateroom is what makes the boat.
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

Lars

I had a friend with a 35.Fast boat and fantastic interior a lot of boat for the money..there was a guy on the cape dory board that sailed an 11C around the world a few years ago..S2 build good meat and  potato boats.