Boat work?
If so...what?
S to the Keys?
Across to Bahamas?
Couch and converter?

Lettuce know 😄😄
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Bubba the Pirate

Currently plumbing new fuel tanks and replacing engine seacocks.
Engine will install this month. Same day, same crane: mast comes down.
After engine alignment etc, all tangs, chainplates, and misc rigging bits will be inspected. Many will be replaced. Standing rigging will be replaced. Bowsprit & boomkin will be replaced.

That's probably enough, but I have a stove/oven to install and cushions/upholstery after that.

I'm only driving 3 days a week; Boatwork is full time.

I'm hoping to launch by May 1st. As long as she is safe & seaworthy, I can work on interior stuff anywhere.
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frank

Great you're at it and making progress!
Nice to have a date...helps keep you focussed...
👍👍

CharlieJ

working on a Catalina 22 for my friend Robin who lost her other boat in Harvey- we bottom paint tomorrow

Working to repair the Lindsey 21 I used to own, from damages from Harvey. At least it is safe, and on trailer in my yard

And then sometime or another, doing repairs to my Tehani from damages from Harvey

Oh and getting my house roof repaired from same storm

Gonna be busy :)
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

jotruk

I am in the process of replacing the shaft and strut then sanding and painting the hull. I hope to have the boat back in the water by years end.
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

SeaHusky

My quick fix of a few issues on the boat is on its third year but I am making headway and will launch this spring!
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.

Frank

It will be 3 years Allure has been in the Abacos early this January.
I either have to get her out of country or pay 10% duty, then 15% vat tax so.. guess what... I'll be Florida bound. Funny, I can sail over, stamp passport and sail back...good for 3 more years.
Will be good as I'm out of oil filters, need a few other maintainance items and will stock up on lots of provisions that are $$+ in Bahamas. Allure's waterline will be a bit low on the return trip.
No set times or agenda...play it by weather after getting over to her early December.

Godot

Seeker's refit slowly continues. I think this winter I'm going to try and get a hard dodger installed. The soft dodger has seen better days and my sewing machine isn't really up to the repair work (though I've done some patching). I have the skills and equipment to make a hard dodger. The only question, really, is if it will look half way decent or it will look like poop. We'll see.

I've also got some interior stuff to do if I have the time. Mild modifications to the port settee, making it a bit wider, plus new cushion and cover. Modification to the port quarter berth, making it a little longer so that it works as a berth without an extension,  and higher to allow for a bigger battery compartment. Modification to the starboard quarter berth, essentially eliminating it for a bigger cockpit locker and a bigger galley counter. Modification of the forward locker, to better use the available space. Installation of a second water tank. I won't get all of that done this winter, probably; but I hope to get some of it done.

I'm also playing with amateur radio. Got my technician license and I think I might test for the general next weekend. I'm not sure this is my thing; but I'm going to play around with it and see. I picked up a nice (good shape but somewhat dated) HF transceiver, and strung a dipole antenna in my attic. I can pick up signals; but can't legally transmit yet on any useful band. If it turns into something I like, I'll eventually put the radio on Seeker. If not...back to ebay it goes.

I'm frustrated that I continue to sail locally instead of "far"; but I made some hard decisions that seem to make sense. Work a few more years now, slowly outfit the boat to a higher standard than I would have with an earlier trip, and take an early (and hopefully permanent) retirement in the next five to seven years. I figure it would be hard to return back to work in my fifties, so I'll just keep earning until I hit my magic Financial Independence number and the boat is ready. Seven years should be very conservative. I think I can do it in five or less. We'll see.
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

Frank

Sounds like a fair and achievable plan. Great.
When I was focussed on retiring several years ago, I had pictures of what I wanted my life to be taped to the fridge, vanity mirror, dash of car etc so no matter if I was driving, cooking or simply brushing my teeth...the pictures kept me focussed and on track.
Hope you're ready in less than 5!!
👍👍

CapnK

My agenda, for -

Ariel: has been a bit of a floating storage bin this year. Next few weeks she gets emptied, hosed, bleached, bug-bombed and generally prepped for the work she needs to get her stick pointed back at the sky, come spring. Going to build in a very minimalist interior and find her a new home then, I guess. Wish I could keep her.

A-30: needs general cleaning and rubbing, which will be getting done before its gets too much more permanently colder, but she's in a bit of a holding pattern right now because...

I-36: is the focus of my efforts. New HX for the Perkins 4.108 came in Tuesday, that's going in this weekend along with new "hosiery". :) Old one was working but - well, old, and it is a relatively cheap and easy bit of "insurance" against catastrophic overheating to swap 'em out. Getting old one cleaned and pressure tested, if tests OK it'll get bagged and be available for back-up. Other than that; fixin' to go buy lumber for the interior overhead right now. Bought an eBay cheapo "sailRite"-type machine a while back (works well!!!), and last week completed canvas and sailwork. Brought upholstery fabric (for 30 & 36) to boat yesterday. Been spreading varnish here and there. Deck repaint is in the near future; primed, and I have the non-non-skid paint, need to order the non-skid paint. Looking to have her fixed up and shiny looking for a spring sale, have her with a broker when people from FL and other 'cane affected places start getting "the itch". I had her for sale for as low as $10K at one point this year, hoping to double that after all this...

Agenda for Barque, the CrewDog: sleeping. Eating. Shedding fur. And stealing my covers in the middle of the night.

(He already is nailing his entire list...)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)