I have two types of trips: cruises in CP 23, and sail camping with WR 17

Started by KindaSorta, November 15, 2017, 10:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KindaSorta

Here is a link to my blog about it:

https://nomadsailcamp.wordpress.com/

The Kentucky Lake trip was kind of a dotted line: I sailed in two areas. I would like to connect the dots sometime in the WindRider, sail the whole lake, perhaps.

The Com-pac 23's next trip will perhaps be from New Bern to Oriental. Then, down the ICW via Adams Creek to Beaufort, and out to Cape Lookout. I have done this via trailer sailing by driving to Beaufort. I can still do that with the WR.

So, I sail out of Blackbeard Sailing Club near New Bern with the CP 23, and will likely try that sort of trip.

Some other dotted line cruises might be:

Take WR to little Washington to sail on the Pamlico River to Bath, etc.
Take it to Edenton to sail on the Albemarle
Take it to...X maybe the eastern Alby.

Thinking of Winyah Bay also some time.

Well, that's the beginning for me. Maybe far is in the imagination of the ... sailor.

B

Frank

Far truly IS in the imagination of the sailor.
Charles Stock put over 70,000 engineless miles on his little 16ft gaff rigged cutter during his lifetime and almost all were weekend trips leaving from home.
Nice pair of boats to play with!
Both good at what they were designed for..

Have fun
Keep us posted on travels and..

Yes...

PICTURES!! 😄😄
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Norman

You have a good balance of cruises.  With the normal limitations of the working man, long weekends and week cruises are the typical opportunities.

Most of my sailing in recent years has been short, 2 to 5 days, but that does not decrease the enjoyment.  One cruise ran into high winds, too much to enjoy sailing in, and I parked the boat in a slip, went home until the weather was better, and continued.

Year by year, my cruising horizon has gotten closer to home, but each trip through local water reveals features that had been missed before, and navigation is easier.  I do not memorize buoy numbers, but do remember which ones to honor exactly, and where I can raise the board half way and take a big shortcut.

Keep posting here with pictures, so we can share in your adventures.