News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Anyone we know... ?

Started by s/v Faith, November 16, 2017, 12:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s/v Faith

Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

CharlieJ

Looks a good bit like Tehani. But not a dead match. Outboard in well, rudder/keel and large ports all alike but shrouds differ. Looks like it once was a great boat
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

s/v Faith

Yea, it's a tough angle...  looks like an Ariel too...  but the corner of the cabin top is a little too sharp (could just be the picture)....  I can think of a few boats with the same name....

Marc

Sounds to me this guy just needs to stay off the water.
s/v Lorinda Des Moines, Iowa

Snapdragon

Hey it wasn't me, honest!  Although there may be some similarities in personalities our boats are totally different. My "Puff" is a bilgekeeler.
The big boat always has the right of way!
"Puff"
1970 Thames Snapdragon 26, twin keel

32adios

Wow........sounds like a real winner.........

s/v Faith

Quote from: Snapdragon on November 16, 2017, 04:13:01 PM
Hey it wasn't me, honest!  Although there may be some similarities in personalities our boats are totally different. My "Puff" is a bilgekeeler.

Absolutely knew it was not you!   :)

Was it "Puff" that sails with one of Faith's turnbuckles?

Tim

My first thought.........an then I remembered that Frank no longer has an Ariel  ;D     Of course the Capn still does  8)
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Snapdragon

Yes, those turnbuckles are still serving my "Puff" well, and are a powerful reminder of an amazing act of generosity. Thank you! 
The big boat always has the right of way!
"Puff"
1970 Thames Snapdragon 26, twin keel

SeaHusky

Quote from: s/v Faith on November 16, 2017, 12:23:07 PM
https://www.sosailize.net/sailing-articles/sailing-news/469-infamous-for-grounding-sailboats-mariner-gets-arrested-after-boat-washes-ashore
We can think a lot of things about this guy and his behaviour but we should also acknowledge the fact that we are all just one medical condition away from becoming him.
Just a thought..   
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.

Owly055

Quote from: SeaHusky on November 19, 2017, 05:01:15 PM
Quote from: s/v Faith on November 16, 2017, 12:23:07 PM
https://www.sosailize.net/sailing-articles/sailing-news/469-infamous-for-grounding-sailboats-mariner-gets-arrested-after-boat-washes-ashore
We can think a lot of things about this guy and his behaviour but we should also acknowledge the fact that we are all just one medical condition away from becoming him.
Just a thought..

Isn't that the truth!!   I have some experience with "crazy" people, and the question that often comes to mind is who's actually crazy?   Look at the world around us and the way most of us live, and ask yourself that..............  That is if you can step back and view humanity as an alien visitor would.  It's been said that if you are capable of self examination, you aren't crazy.....I'm not so sure that this isn't the reverse of the truth, perhaps the road that leads to madness.  Primitive societies looked on madness very differently than we do.

H.W

Jim_ME

Think that is a Bristol 27, also an Alberg design, so similar in hull form to the Ariel, except that the B27 rudder is triangle/quadrilateral (with straight edges, which seem visible in the photo).

http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?CLASS_ID=521
(Drawings show an inboard, but have also seen outboard/well version boats)