News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Allure 17/18

Started by Frank, December 03, 2017, 03:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

After several days of prep (the sun took its tole this summer) Allure was splashed on Friday. Crazy getting ready to leave home after being away so long, then the drive down to Florida, flight over and practicing my karate kid moves (wax on.....wax off)....I'm having a lazy day!
I'll put off posting pics unless it is some neat boat I've saw or other "new" place or thing. Don't want my Abaco posts to seem like Groundhog Day and after so many years here it kinda feels that way to me...  Will see how the season unfolds....would be nice to travel somewhere new.
I can say that is sure IS nice to be afloat here again!
Snow when I started the drive down....80 this afternoon. No complaints!
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

32adios

Cyric30

Frank
Some days you just shouldn't get out of bed unless you know there's going to be caffeine for sure.
I read your post 3/4 the way before i realized Allure 17/18 was a date not a boat type...im thinking what happened here.... so everyone enjoy a good chuckle on me :)

Cyric

Frank

Heh...
I've been a little foggy the odd morning myself  :o :o ;D

Frank

Hopefully motivate a few "on the fence" about coming over....
Or....motivate a certain "west coaster" to come back east, launch his pretty blue boat and get back over here!

Allure on her mooring in Black Sound
Nice sunset last night
Easy sail up to Manjack, quick visit and back today
Entering Black Sound

s/v Faith

Very Beautiful!  So glad to see her back in the water....  I spent a lot of time holding my breath while the various storms passed this year...

You going to try heading south this year?  Feed the pigs, check out Georgetown?  Maybe even Conception Island?

700 Islands beacon you my friend!
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

lance on cloud nine

please never hesitate to post those great pictures! they are much appreciated and enjoyed!
"a boat must be a little less than a house, if you want it to be much more."

jotruk

Always enjoy seeing these pictures makes me want to leave now.
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Frank

Sunsets just never get old to me....

Frank

Quote from: s/v Faith on December 04, 2017, 04:28:55 PM
Very Beautiful!  So glad to see her back in the water....  I spent a lot of time holding my breath while the various storms passed this year...

You going to try heading south this year?  Feed the pigs, check out Georgetown?  Maybe even Conception Island?

700 Islands beacon you my friend!

Thanks Craig.
Ya gotta know you'd be that "west coaster" I'm talking about!!
Have company coming down twice this year so doubt I'll make it too far S.
Thinking Berry Islands, Eleuthera and back type of loop.
Hoping to see Faith floating again some day.....
The islands are calling.....

Bob J (ex-misfits)

She has nice lines. I like the way you have the solar panel mounted.
Did you use the bimini frame to support it?
If you can please take some detailed pictures of the mounting system. I'd be interested in seeing it.

Thanks
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

Frank

Somewhere here there are several pics of the mount, but this one shows that the Bimini already had 2 vertical supports from the stern rail to the aft rail.
The 2 panel extensions bring it up about 10inchs further to allow a slight tip forward when needed as well as full tip aft
Hope you can see on this pic

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Thanks for posting that Frank.
I do remember seeing pictures of that back when she was being commissioned.

Frank

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Frank

Just back to Allure last night after a quick trip home for 10 days. I've barely been home this year and was already feeling guilty after only being there 2 weeks between boat trips. A combination of family and friend requests had me go back for "Christmas visits" and I'm glad I did. Ate way too much but it's the season... Made a point to stop at my old bulldozer operators for a visit. A wonderful man, Doug is 87 now! Sure doesn't seem 22yrs ago that we last worked together. Felt great seeing him and if I could pass this along... call in on an old co worker or friend .... you both will be glad you did!
After a -31 with windchill drive to Ottawa extremely early yesterday and a mess up of flights getting back... I was treated to this sunset on the way to Allure and these Christmas lights on my walk to dinner last night

Frank

After the cold, icy roads and snow back home... I awoke to this .....this morning.......

Frank

Up at 4am today to make it into town and join in the old tradition here of marching through the streets at 5am singing Christmas carols.
They really get into the spirit...fun time.

Lights on the walk in
The singers with 2 drummers leading the way (PJs are exceptable at 5am)
Back at the boat before sunrise...

Frank

Had several Christmas pot lucks to go to....
Cruisers make their own fun.
Was nice as some old friends that were absent the last couple of years returned. Annie and Neville have 5 trans Atlantic's in and countless stream crossings. Nev is in his 80's now so they finally sold their big cat and now have a Cape Dory 30 motorsailorwhich suits them better.
Jane asked her mom to wear this apron. Although she is what you could call "proper British", she was a sport and wore it all afternoon

Annie and Neville in red

Janes mom in the sexy apron 😄

Frank

Weather has truly been awesome..
Sunny, warm and very light winds.
Yesterday was the first rain day, but needed.
What a difference a day makes...