(Public Notice) Kidde Marine fire extinguisher recall

Started by Cyric30, February 15, 2018, 08:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyric30

Hello All

A bit of a boat safety notice.

It has been a bit since this recall was issued, but i just found out, and i hadn't seen anyone mention it here so i thought i would post Just in case.
Certain models and Dates of Kidde fire extinguishers have been recalled due to a defect, including some of there marine models.
They have a website setup to check extinguisher for the effected models and will send out FREE replacements for any found to be in the recall

https://www.kidde.com/home-safety/en/us/support/product-alerts/recall-kidde-fire-extinguisher/

I found some of my boats extinguishers where under recall and went through the possess and it was easy to do and i have new extinguishers on the way. (supposedly) will let folks know when/if they arrive.

So next time your near your boat/household extinguisher give them a check.

Regards Cyric.

Godot

I checked all mine, at home and on the boat. None were part of the recall...even the one's with plastic nozzles. With all the hype I was almost disappointedl
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

jotruk

I had one that was in the recall, I have received the new one in just a few days. good to go now.
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

doug

Of my 5, 3 were replaced. Simple and easy to do. Took the opportunity while thinking about extinguishers to purchase another 2, another for the boat and a second for my second floor which doesn't have an easy exit in the event of fire.

Cyric30

Got my replacements in today. So im glad it worked out for me, and everyone else.