Doug & Ruth aboard Triska (Alberg 29)

Started by Jack Tar, December 22, 2005, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Tar

Jack Tar here. My wife Ruth and I sail out of Tacoma Washington. Our Yar boat is an Alberg 29 called Triska. We have owned and sailed her for 3 years. We have cruised Puget Sound and Canadian waters. We also belong to PSCC (Puget Sound Cruising club) and sail with the PNW chapter of the Latts and Atts cruising group. www.latsandatts.com   I look forward to chatting and posting ideas.

It's not about the sails the boat or the rigging it's about  freedom

CapnK

Dang but that Carl Alberg knew how to draw some nice lines! Good pics, Jack!

(Disclaimer: He drew my boat, too. I am hopelessly prejudiced and pro-Carl, and have been since sometime in the late 70's. ;D)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Jack Tar

The Edge

Ruth and Doug - Jack Tar

I just knew you would have a well found boat by the informative posts you make.  Please keep sharing.

It's a great life if you don't weaken.

Sarah
S/V The Edge
Macgregor 26X

Jack Tar

The Edge are you going to make it to the Lats & Atts party this year. I have read many of your posts on their board. I only have one question. All the traveling you do why dont you post some pic's for us to enjoy. LOL

Solace

Hey Doug,

I feel I almost know you. Have followed your comments on the other site and you've commented to some of mine here. You used to live near where I live now - and used to live in Vancouver. Went out with a gal that used to work at Cutters (near the Pike Place market) don't know if its still there - this is back a ways. Small world.

My neighbour sails an Alberg 29. Thought I'd run outside (fairly warm here right now) and snap you a picture of how his boat looks for the winter.

Cheers!

John

hearsejr

hay I used to live on summit ave., eerr is it summit street..?. anyway I used to take a hefty walk on saterdays too pike place market. it seems that I wondered in to a place out there named Mike's Chilly bar...I think that's the name..and I thought I found a great hide out, but returned home to N.C. before I could find out. ofcourse this was in 1988-1989.
thanks,
Bill

Jack Tar

Pikes Place is still there. There is also a nice little marina there called Belltown. It's been there a few years now. Nice place to stop on the way back from the San Juans . On the waterfront is also a great store called Pirates Plunder. I love stopping in for a look about. Heading up there on Saturday for the boat show and party.

CapnK

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o

The Cocoon people got his boat! Zoiks! Run, Scooby!!!

;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

KindaSorta

Cool boat; I currently have a Precision 21, and am plotting and scheming for the future.

Oh, if anyone is afraid to go on deck on Triska, then they have Triska Deck a phobia...:D

s/v Faith

Quote from: KindaSorta on July 12, 2006, 10:34:59 AM
Oh, if anyone is afraid to go on deck on Triska, then they have Triska Deck a phobia...:D

::)

;D ;D ;D

Welcome aboard! 
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.