Boat Pix.com.... Ariel photography

Started by s/v Faith, November 07, 2009, 10:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s/v Faith

Had an excellent sail this afternoon.

I called Dave Navyvet last night and he drove out from Crestview and met me at the marina.

We got out on the bay, it was a cool NW 15k.  We sailed along the bay to Pensacola, saw what looked like a fire on the bridge over Bayou Chico.  Had a great sail, with Dave at the conn and I doing little or nothing.   ;D

He is a good Sailor, with a good 'feel' for the helm.  We sailed over to Gulf Breeze and then back to the slip. 

Shortly before we entered the Chanel we noticed a small helo circling low over some of the boats.  We were in the midst of tacking, so the head sail was all goofy, but he came in close and circled us.  I was concerned until I saw the sign on the side of the sponson.  'Boat Pix .COM'

Anyone here ever used them?
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

JWalker

I know this thread is almost a year old, but it has no replys so I thought I would chime in.

We were sailing earlier this year when a BOATPIX.COM helo circled us,

I went home and checked out the website....

they will send prints at no obligation! just pay shipping...keep what you want and send the rest back.

So we sign up....about a month later a tube arrives in the mail....3 16x20 prints.

the problem is we were not impressed....way to close up, didnt have a helicopter feel.....and just side shots where you couldnt see the sail shape.

They photoshoped out the fenders I had laying on the deck, but not the fender lines so there were these weird lines hanging randomly from the lifelines.

and for the three passes they made around the boat they only sent 3 pictures from when they had just approached the boat and we were waving at them. I think the pics would have been alot better if they had taken them with us sailing instead of waving.

And then there was the price......$125 per print.

we rolled them up and sent them all back.

Just our experience.