News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Western Caribbean?

Started by The Edge, December 22, 2005, 04:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Edge

Has anyone trailered their boat to Mexico and sailed Belize, Guatemala, Honduras?  I've have done a little sailing in that area, but I haven't hauled The Edge down there yet.  It is perfect cruising grounds for a shallow draft boat with a center board.   What are the problems with trailering a boat in Mexico? 
It's a great life if you don't weaken.

Sarah
S/V The Edge
Macgregor 26X

CapnK

Sara, you've discovered the edge of explored space, apparently. :D

There is one guy I know who may have done some of this - Ron Chappel. He has a *very* nice Com-Pac 23D, named "No Mas", that he's trailered all over the place. I've been meaning to get in touch with him and invite him here. I'll do that in the next couple of days, and maybe we'll be able to get you some kind of answer. :)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

oded kishony

There was a fellow on the Paceship chat group who sailed from Florida to Belize in a PY 26. Sent some photos showing him rigging up a mooring with a 55 gal drum full of stones/concrete. Beautiful area.

oded kishony

The Edge

Utila, The Bay Islands of Roatan, Honduras....I hope I am on to something here.  I depart on Jan 4th and will try to send an update.  I'll let you know what I find out from my scouting expedition when I am SCHEDULED to return around Feb 7th.  If you don't hear from me by then, know that I am having a great time sailing and diving (I hope). :D

Sarah
S/V The Edge
Macgregor 26X

The Edge

Warm Caribbean Waters ???  I just received an email from a fellow sailor who has postphoned departing Rio Dulce.  A front will go  through and the temp is in the 50's :o.  He tells me to take a jacket, along with my peraros >:(.  He's about 120 miles from Utila.  It's in the 50's here in BC.

Sarah
S/V The Edge
Macgregor 26X

captedteach

Hows yer Spanish?  I've had two friends drive thru Mexico and both told me how the cops harrassed them - one they tried to make pay an import duty on his truck incase he sold it while in country and that was about half way thru Mexico on his way to Belize. The other said that everytime he went thru a check point that the cops took several of his CDs because they were not listed in his 'manefest' only the case was - He was moving back to Costa Rica so he had all of his personal belongings with him
Hold my beer and watch this poop

CaptTeach

The Edge

Hi Gang,  I HA VE ARRIVED!!!!  This place is heaven.  Come on down.  I am staying at Tony P's resort,   www.colibri-resort.com.  Check it outl.  I am looking at remote shore property to buy.

I just told Tony about this site and he will be checking in as a member soon. 

Sarah
S/V The Edge
Macgregor 26X

Pixie Dust

Sarah Sarah Sarah..... ahhh must be wonderful.  The website left me drooling.  You are in Paradise!!  Enjoy.
Connie
s/v Pixie Dust
Com-pac 27/2

CapnK

Wow! It is gorgeous, and its not at all expensive! Way to go Tony!

I'm outta here! ;)

(I wish!)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)