News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

shannon 28

Started by Frank, January 31, 2007, 12:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I had the pleasure of a tour and a rum onboard a fine shannon 28ft yesterday.WOW....solid, well laid out seaboat!! That 28ft size seems to have it all. I came away VERY impressed. Great boat.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Norm

isn't that the same design/build of the boat near Kensolo some weeks ago? 
AVERISERA
Boston, MA
USA 264

s/v Faith

Little pokeing around;

Looks like a nice boat;

Shannon Owners Association (looks like you need to register to look around)
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Frank

They told me it displaced 12500lbs!! A very heavy 28. Have'nt been made in years..too expensive now.

Captain Smollett

Quote from: Norm on January 31, 2007, 01:52:16 PM
isn't that the same design/build of the boat near Kensolo some weeks ago? 

Norm, if you are thinking of Donna Lange, she was one a Southern Cross 28.

Interesting.  Looking at the SailCalculator, the Shannon 28 is listed as 9300 lbs (maybe the 12,500 is cruising displacement).  A bit heavier and wider than a Triton, but similar overall safety numbers.

The Southern Cross 28 is not listed on the SailCalculator, but from this listing on Yachtworld, it seems to be another, similar design.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Frank

This is a retired 'liveaboard' couple heading to the Miami boat show. They sell water filters for boats (that work).NO foul taste period!! Their boat IS crammed with stores,over 200 books,ALL their possesions AND show inventory.That 12500lbs they told me was probably 'as sits'....and it sat well.Extremely well finished 'yacht'...there is one listed on 'boats.com'....tried to post link but it was 1/2page long

AdriftAtSea

Frank-

Next time...take the url over to www.tinyurl.com and paste it in there and ask for a tinyurl.  :D

Just FYI.

Dan
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more