S/V Happy Little Girls 2

Started by Oldguy52, December 23, 2005, 11:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldguy52

Happy Little Girls 2 is our 1982 Pacific Seacraft Flicka Hull# 230. We bought her in Seattle, WA in the winter of '01/'02 and hauled her home to Minnesota. The first summer we had her, she lived on Lake Superior at Superior, WI. Due to the short seasons up here and our work being way too busy in the summer, we decided to move her down to Kentucky Lake, near Paducah, KY. Down there we can get away on her in the spring and fall when we aren't so swamped with our work.

My first goal, other than just spending as much time aboard as possible, is to sail down Kentucky Lake/Tennessee River to the Tenn-Tom waterway and then down to the Gulf. Once we get to Mobile, I'd like to hang a right and make it on over to Texas. From there, I'd hope to head back east and just keep going on around till I get to the top of Maine. Don't care how long it takes and maybe longer is better :) After that, my hope is to just not have a plan and to just go where the mood and the weather lead me.

Our Flicka is 20 feet on deck and 24 feet overall, counting her bow sprit and rudder. We power her when we have to with a 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke that, for an outboard, does a really nice job. Her draft is listed at 3 ft 3 in and she displaces about 5500 lbs. Probably more like 6500 with all our junk. We are trying to pare that down, but it's amazing how much stuff you can fit into these boats :) :) She sports about 250 sq feet of sail between her mains'l and a 110 jib on a Pro-Furl furler.

She's quite an able sailer and I am really looking forward to the time when we can get out on some big water where she can show what she is really capable of.

I have a few pics of her on my web site. Feel free to click the link in my sig. and take a look-see if you want :)
Rik

PS "Flicka" hull #230
S/V Happy Little Girls 2
http://www.signsbyrik.net/rik/our_flicka.html

CapnK

I know Rik won't toot his own horn here (it's not his character), so I'll do it for him.

If you need vinyl graphics for your boat, talk to Rik. He does great work. I've seen photo's of his work on others boats, and can say that when I get to the point where I will be replacing Katie Marie's name on the stern, he'll definitely be getting my business.

Here's the link to his business end: Signs By Rik

I am not affiliated with him, nor do I get kickbacks of any sort. He does on occasion give me a hard time, but that's all. ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

s/v Faith

Rik,

I remember the first time I went below on a Flika.... I literally had to step back up to look.  Those folks at Pacific Seacraft sure do amazing things with a boat!

Quotelooking forward to the time when we can get out on some big water where she can show what she is really capable of.

Well, I know I have read of their travels all about the globe, including rounding Cape Horn and points (farther) south.  Maybe some places I don't care to go! :)

As for the 'GRAFX' I will be looking you up when I repaint my hull this spring.... (unless I can put it off any longer).....
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Oldguy52

Uhhh......... thanks for the plug Kurt. You're too kind :)

Faith: Yeah, lots of folks who step into our Flicka the first time have to ask how long she is. The most common guess is 26 feet. :)

You can sure feel free to drop me a line if you'd like some new graphics. If and when you're ready, just email me. This isn't something I do for a living, it's more of a sideline thing I do because I enjoy it. For that reason I don't usually go look for work, I just do what comes and finds me :)

Rik
Rik

PS "Flicka" hull #230
S/V Happy Little Girls 2
http://www.signsbyrik.net/rik/our_flicka.html