News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

wax??

Started by Frank, March 10, 2015, 07:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Years ago I used a "spray" car wax..I forget the brand. It was SO easy. You sprayed on, gave it a quick swirl around with one towel, about 30 seconds later it dried, you wiped it off with a 2nd towel and moved to the next 3 or 4ft section....totally painless and left a great shine!
I have since tried several brands...none have worked like the one I forgot the name of.

Does anyone have "personal experience" with one they just love?

In search of a good "lazy man's wax"   ???
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Tim

I have used other Turtle Wax products over the years though not this one; https://www.turtlewax.com/shop/products/turtle-wax-performance-plus-express-shine-carnauba-wax-16-fl-oz-
It doesn't sound like it could any easier than this. I am going to get some and give it a try.
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Frank

sounds like my kinda wax  ;)   thx

Tim

Here is the test;
Absolutely as easy as it says on the bottle

Hard to really tell the shine as I just gave a buffing to the whole hull, but I can certainly see the shine and it will definitely make it easy to throw some polish on it.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention, CHEAP! $4 for 16oz at WalMart right now, going to have to go back and stock up.
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Frank

Thx!!!!!    I'm on it "like a fat boy to a smarty"   ;D

Frank

Tim....THANK YOU!!

Just used it today...my kinda product..."simple n easy" 

Truly is a  "lazy mans wax" !!

grog to ya!