Removed CD seat backs, gained room! Need storage space ideas

Started by lastgreatgeneration, January 24, 2018, 07:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastgreatgeneration

I cannot take credit for the idea. I came across the idea in the thread "Seeker, a Bayfield 29". After I read about it I decided to invistegate further. First I removed the wedges that give the seat backs a slight slant. I like that, then I removed the wood and hardware. The seat back is now almost 90 degrees to the settee. I now have a full bunk and I'm quite comfortable.

I finished installing the Dickinson 2 burner propane and I love it. However the galley is very cluttered as I don't have any places to store pots, cups, spices, oils etc. I will be visiting ikea soon to get some solutions and ideas. I would like to find or make a basic wooden rack that is divided that will hold utensils and cooking things.

I have a flip up cutting board that covers a deep well. I liked it at first but now things just collect there and you have to pick up every can to see what's in it. So, this will be an ongoing project with updates and probably pictures.

I have also not found a good way to secure the 10# propane tank to the taffrail/stern. It sits on the cocpit sole at the moment. I want the mount to be simple and my solution to cover it will be sunbrella.

Thanks

rorik

Nice!
I'm not the only one to delete the seat backs in a CD28... much more comfortable, I think.
I opted for flush fold down doors to contain the items in the outboard storage space, cut out of the seat backs; hinges at the bottom and held in place at the top with a button.
Alice has escaped....... on the Bandersnatch....... with.. the Vorpal sword....

Cyric30

lastgreatgeneration

Greetings. I will have to post some pictures soon. I made a worthy trip to ikea and picked up some magnetic bars for miscellaneous storage. I also picked up some SS towel/storage racks. Everything is getting much less cluttered since I started creating some organizing space. Still currently working on the head space I cleared out.

I have utilized the seatbacks by cutting them up since they already have a finished surface. I will use the wooden teak laminate on my head system and starboard storage space and hanging locker.

I have mostly completed the latter, all I have to do is put marine filler in some random holes then sand and paint. I have not decided if I will go with a 2 part urethane or a single part epoxy.

Norman

>:(  Did I hear movable magnets on a vessel with a magnetic compass?

Keep them at least 5 feet from any magnetic navigation device, such as a tiller pilot, flux-gate sensor, GPS with built in real mag compass.

Been there, done that, and know many others who have been there too.

lastgreatgeneration

rorik

Quote from: lastgreatgeneration on January 24, 2018, 07:31:17 PM

I have also not found a good way to secure the 10# propane tank to the taffrail/stern. It sits on the cocpit sole at the moment. I want the mount to be simple and my solution to cover it will be sunbrella.

Thanks

Sure Marine in Seattle makes a very good rack for vertical propane tanks.

http://www.suremarineservice.com/Galley/Propane-Railmount-Bracket-Assembly/001-749.html

Alice has escaped....... on the Bandersnatch....... with.. the Vorpal sword....