Finally got to sail Wave Dancer

Started by jotruk, July 09, 2018, 09:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jotruk

It has only been a year but I was able to get my boat under way for the first time since pulling it for a bottom job. A lot happened in that period of time. Everything from the trailer breaking to heavy rain from a hurricane and then it got cold. I was just glad to get underway and not set at the dock.
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Frank

God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Bubba the Pirate

~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CapnK

Have a grog for your cruise! Congrats!!! ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Sounds good. Not to hijack but I just tossed the main & 110 in the back of the car. My daughter & I are headed up to the boat tomorrow for 4 days.
We have a bunch of stuff to do & she fits into small spaces better than me. Plan to get the sails on & take her out at least one of the days.

Should be interesting lol
I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

SeaHusky

Child labour is totally underrated in our part of the world!
I look for subtle places, beaches, riversides and the ocean's lazy tides.
I don't want to be in races, I'm just along for the ride.

Bob J (ex-misfits)

The child labor thing didn't work out. 

We weren't sure how she'd feel on the boat, she's prone to motion sickness.  Poor thing, I brought her home last night.

Frank

So...
Jotruk...how did I feel to finally get away?
Any issues?
All good?
Plans?
Hope all is well

jotruk

felt great. I am still on the lake here in central Texas but hopefully will be moving to the coast later this year or early next year.
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

Frank

👍
Good to hear.
Enjoy yourself !

Phantom Jim

Try Motionease for the motion sickness.  I found a 1/2 oz. bottle at Walmart in the nausea/motion sickness area.  Not prescription but the very best I have ever used!
Phantom Jim

Bob J (ex-misfits)

I'll give that a try, thanks for the advice#

CharlieJ

My ex had great success with a thin slice of ginger root between her gum and  cheek. Had no ill effects such as drowsness or anything
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Phantom Jim

No side effects from Motionease either.  Can be used with children.  Put a drop behind each ear and I am good to go in 10 minutes or less.  And my seasickness was very pronounced (legendary in my sailing circles).  I tried everything and only Motionease worked.  Best $5 I ever spent!  It is essential oils and smells ok.
Phantom Jim

Phantom Jim

Photo of Motionease on the self at Walmart
Phantom Jim