News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Finally.

Started by Bob J (ex-misfits), July 13, 2018, 09:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Finally got the boat lauched Wednesday. What a long winding road full of the detours of life that get in the way..  This afternoon the wind was honking out of the SE which really causes a ruckus for moored boats in Belfast, ME harbor.
Reminded me of anchoring out on the ledge or the canyon when I was younger chasing big fish..
Felt right at home, bizare but true..

Pebbles finally float, still has a dry bilge, & I am taking the rest of the summer off. Goodnight from Belfast, ME

I'm not happy unless I'm complaining about something.
I'm having a very good day!

Frank

Looks like a beautiful evening on the water.
Congrats!
Enjoy...
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Norman

Congratulations for succeeding in finishing the preparation and getting into the water.  63 is a good age to ease off working and enjoy life for a bit, I did it, and never regretted it.  I am looking forward to your reports.

Bob, what will be the first destination? 

Norman

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Not sure how this ended up under t&t, must have been the salt air :)

Norman, I think this year for me this is the destination. Still have stuff to do like wire up nav lights, depth sounder, couple of 100 watt  panels.
I need to sort what I'm going to do for an anchor roller. When it was blowing yesterday I was watching the bow & have concerns about the yet to be installed mantus anchor roller cutting the pendant to shreds.

Just to be able to head out in August for day sails around Penobscott Bay would be such a  joy. 

jotruk

Very happy to see that you got it afloat. My you find spiders in the bilge
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

CapnK

http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

CapnK

Bob - here's a little 'present' for you and Pebbles as a "Congrats on being afloat!". Took your image and went a little artsy on it, hope you like it. :)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Bob J (ex-misfits)

Thanks CapnK.
That was very kind of you, appreciated greatly! 

Spiders in bilge, too funny.

Bubba the Pirate

Good news. Congrats!
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~