News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Home page   

Main Menu

How was summer?

Started by Frank, September 23, 2026, 05:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Frank

What was everyone up to?
Get out boating much?
Mini cruises?
I ended up building a new small retirement home for myself last summer.
Didn't get out trailer sailing with the gang and sure missed it.
Promised myself to never take on a bigger project again.
Only so many summers left at this age, and I don't want to lose them by working.
Hopefully others got out and had some adventures
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Godot

Just a little day sailing and a lot of boat maintenance, mostly. But it's fall, now. Lots of good weather still ahead.
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

s/v Faith

My year started with a trip to England to buy a vehicle to donate to Ukraine. Drove it across Europe and into Liviv and then spent some time in one of the most incredible countries I have ever visited. After handing it off to its
New owner (who conducts medical evacuation missions) I took a 10 day trip on the Danube... Hungary to the Checz Republic.... Got to Hungry the night of the election and joined a few hundred thousand people
For an all night party they compared to the fall of the USSR.

Then I drove from California to Florida and back (sadly missing the detour to see Kurt and the Crew dog) but hung out in Memphis (ribs at the Rendezvous as have 3 generations)..

  Tulsa, and then drove around dodging fires to see Arches and Canyonlands NP's.

  Just got back from that trip and decided to round it off to a cool
10,000 miles by heading up to Mt Ranier and
Olympic NP....
  No small boat adventures,
But my van is less then 20'...

  I look out at the Bay every day, and still "Sailing Faith" in my dreams.
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.