As of 0800, Laura is away on her singlehand cruise aboard Tehani- A few pics

Started by CharlieJ, August 21, 2007, 04:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieJ

Well- the phone just rang again- Laura says " I'm just rounding the point- be in the marina in about 2 hours"

So I grab the binocs and head for the balcony, look out over the bay and sure nuff, there she is, bout 3/4 mile from the house,  heading up the bay.

Motoring.

Cause the wind that has been so strong all day has totally stopped. Of course she's really rockin' and rollin' cause the left over slop sure hasn't stopped.

So I guess I'll have my lady home tonight, after 11 days out all total. Am I happy to see her?

You betcha!!!

By the way- the "point" is Indian Point, the arbitrary dividing line between Lavaca and Matagorda Bays
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Frank

Welcome her home from the gang here  ;D congrats on her journey.Pics?
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

AdriftAtSea

s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

CharlieJ

don't know about pics. I don't think she took all that many.

At 1842 last evening she slid the boat into it's slip and stopped it RIGHT where I was standing waiting with the spring line- All I had to do was drop it onto the cleat, then walk forward and take her bow line. And had three other men watching ;D

She's definitely still on "sailboat time". We stopped for burgers and by 2115, she was sound asleep. She was up at dawn, making coffee ;D

I suspect her clock will shift to "ashore time" really quickly. She's not usually a morning person, except aboard the boat.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

BobW

Not many pics?  We can wait for the paintings inspired by the trip!  :-)
Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI
Building Gardens of Fenwick, a Welsford Pathfinder
Karen Ann, a Storer Goat Island Skiff

Anton

How was your summer in Port Lavaca?  I'm tied up in Jville FL and have thought of moving to the 'land of lower slip fees' for some time.