Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Scooter Crew?

Started by David_Old_Jersey, August 09, 2008, 06:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David_Old_Jersey

Just an idea.......

Seems that most folk are going to be tackling the Scoot singlehanded. But , if I recall correctly the idea was not restricted to singlehanded?

So what about a thread seeking an additional crew member?

My thinking is that some folk may love to do the trip (for fun / the experiance) but their boat will simply not be in position to make the Scoot (the US of A being a big place  :D), they do not feel confident in going solo, or the boat is not capable of the trip / requires mods that folk do not want to make.......plus maybe a skipper who is wanting to do the Scoot would appreciate an extra pair of hands / eyes / experiance / or simply the company for this trip........

Just an idea (and no, not looking for a trip myself  ;D).

Auspicious

Nice idea David. I'm not strictly speaking scooting myself, but hoping to slide over to the Bahamas to meet the Scooters. I'd be happy to take one or two folk along to be part of the "finish line."

sail fast, dave
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

newt

I have two weeks reserved starting about the 9th- 25th of April. I do not think I can get a boat over- however...for the right small boat I would be willing to crew.
I eat little, complain little and have sailed bluewater. I am usually cheerful, and esp. so in stressful situations. I would bring my sextant and or GPS as backup, indeed I would need no gear from you (life jackets, tie on's foulies , etc) and could employ sheet to tiller steering on your boat. I would fly in- Scoot and probably fly out of Bahamas (unless you really want to haul back to Florida)
I am looking for a traditional boat and captain. Oh yeah, even though I am a physician, I am not high maintenance.
For my attitude on life, just look at my posts.:)
When I'm sailing I'm free and the earth does not bind me...