Introductions / How did you find sailFar.net?

Started by CapnK, December 18, 2005, 11:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragha108

Hello everyone. I'm from NewJersey, USA. Found the site through atomvoyages.com

I have a Corinthian19, a Carl Alberg designed similar but bulkier than a Cape Dory Typhoon. Looking forward to be part of this community!

CapnK

Welcome aboard, and let me give you 1st Grog! ;D Things have slowed here over the years, but we still have a bunch of people who may not write much, though they do read and visit regular.
Glad to have another Appreciator of Fine Older Vessels hanging around! :)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

svbreeze

Hi All,

My name is Craig and I found the site through the https://plasticclassicforum.com which I found through atomvoyages .

I sail on the Langford/Chester Rivers and the Chesapeake Bay out of Rock Hall, MD.  Started sailing a 1990 Compac-19 about 5 years ago, then bought a 1978 Bristol 29.9 w/centerboard last summer. I'm sailing, upgrading, and updating the Bristol in the hopes of taking her for some longer cruises.

Looking forward to meeting others, learning more, and sharing what I can.

Craig
Bristol 29.9 CB
Compac-19 III

Tim

Welcome aboard Craig, If you found plasticclassic useful I am sure you find likewise here. If a search can't find your answers feel free to ask away, answers may be slow in coming but give it a chance.
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Norman

I just sold my last boat last fall, but have been sailing the Delmarva  region for many years.

Welcome to an excellent and friendly web site.

Norman

CapnK

Quote from: svbreeze on October 27, 2022, 09:58:55 AM
Hi All,

My name is Craig...

Hi Craig! Welcome aboard, have your first Grog on me! :) Man, that B29.9 is a very fine vessel, HH did a great job on the design. I haven't been aboard one, but the interior looks to be well laid out and proportioned nicely, and they are reputed to have good quality in the overall build. Starting w/a CP and stepping up to the Bristol, you are obviously a man of good taste! :D
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Dave-in-RI

Ahoy... I'm Dave and, as you might guess from my username, I live in Rhode Island. I'm one week into ownership of a 2010 Com-pac Sun Cat, and am excited to gunkhole and take the thing much farther than I'm supposed to. I'm 39, have two little boys, and this will hopefully be a fun summer learning the boat. It's an upgrade from my 2006 Com-pac Picnic Cat. I grew up boat-camping on Moosehead Lake each year, and that's how I found SailFar-- Frank was on the CPYOA board with a dodger and sun shade for his former Sun Cat, and then talked about going to Moosehead, so I just had to come over and see if there were any pics. And there were! :)

Norman

Welcome, Dave.   :)

Nice choice of sailboats, I have sailed on 3 different vessels built by Com Pac, and enjoyed them all.  The cats are very stable, with the wide beams, so great starters, and trainer for the kids.  Mast raising system is another great feature that sets them apart.

I have not been on the ground in R.I., but flew across twice in a Cessna on a trip to Rockport Maine.

Frank is a fine source of information on sleeping on sailboats, he has done so on many different sizes, and distant places.

Drop in for Chat, Thursday nite.  We start earlier than the past practice, with Spot being on before his west coast dinner time, and Jim in Maine, inclined to be on until 10 or later.  Small group, and wide ranging topics, but sailing questions trump anything else.

Norman, 89, and presently boatless.  Maryland, inside the Washington Beltway.  ::)
Still sailing on friends boats!  ;D

Jim_ME

Ahoy and welcome aboard Dave.  :)

I have previously admired Frank's Suncat which he often used on trailer sailing trips with his friend who also had a Suncat.

Frank would often boast about how much better his boat looked than his pal's, when they actually looked like identical twins separated at birth. I wondered whether they had ever, after a typical evening of pillaging and rum, might have woken up on each other's boats--so interchangeable they seemed--they might not notice for a week or so...  ;)

Anyway, thanks for posting your photo. Your boat has the promise of frequent use written all over it.   

wolverine

Nice to have you here Dave.  I sail a Compac 19/II and have friends with Suncats. 
Compac 19/II
Seidelman 295

CapnK

Quote from: Martin’s Tartan 1984 on September 08, 2023, 12:11:54 AM
A sticker on a street sign

Aha! Craig/S/V Faith's guerilla sticker campaign still "paying dividends"! lol

Glad to have you here, Martin! Where was the street sign location approx, if you don't mind? :)
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

s/v Faith

Quote from: Martin’s Tartan 1984 on September 08, 2023, 12:11:54 AM
A sticker on a street sign

Welcome aboard!  I would really like to know where you saw it!

I still have some of them… I think
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Bubba the Pirate

~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jim_ME