From Tehani - out cruising

Started by CharlieJ, July 13, 2009, 11:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grime

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

Frank

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!   I see 2 very significant things....Laura in shorts and blue green waters !!  "all's good"  ;D
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

skylark

Congratulations, I would say you have finally arrived.

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

Jim_ME

Congratulations, Laura and Charlie. Wonderful photos with such vivid colors and capturing the  character of the place. Looking forward to seeing more of them and reading your posts.

maxiSwede

Wonderful colours!

enjoy!  ;D
s/v  Nanna
Southern Cross 35' Cutter in French Polynesia
and
H-boat 26' - Sweden

svnanna.wordpress.com

CharlieJ

Something quite interesting I noticed today-

At the marina here in Bimini that is the recommended place to stay for check in, since it's right next to customs and immigration, and it's fairly cheap :D

There are four cruising boats in at the moment, three full time long term liveaboards, and us, going onto 8 months away from home-

THREE of those four use no refrigeration. No ice,, no cooling at all. We are one of those three.

Interesting eh? We, and they,  have found it  to be simply to much of a hassle and we can live quite well without.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Gypsy Soul

Congrats,  looking forward to your report on the crossing.  Had a delay in the First launch of Gypsy Soul,  Cracked Rudder stuffing box.  I completed repairs today and hope to launch around the 1st.  Wish I could be out there with you guys.  Maybe we can meet up somewhere on your return as I head to Jacksonville / St. Augustine.

Richard
s/v Gypsy Sou

Capt. Tony

Well deserved you two.  It is very nice to scroll through those pictures.  There are times when no words are necessary.  And I really wish I could 'bump' into you down there, but, unfortunately for me, not this year.

evantica

Oh how I envy you...real nice place!!!

CharlieJ

We've really enjoyed wandering around here, particularly since the weather has turnd very nice after the last front. Sunny, warm, nice winds instead of blasting.

We are hanging here awaiting a friend who should be crossing today. After he's cleared in and has a chance to visit Bimini, we'll be off across the bank. Passing briefly through the Berrys and New Providence (Nassau perhaps but just very quickly) and on to our goal- the Exumas.

Laura has a partial write-up on our crossing but we've been busy having fun!!!
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

s/v Faith

Quote from: CharlieJ on April 01, 2010, 09:38:43 AM
We've really enjoyed wandering around here, particularly since the weather has turnd very nice after the last front. Sunny, warm, nice winds instead of blasting.

We are hanging here awaiting a friend who should be crossing today. After he's cleared in and has a chance to visit Bimini, we'll be off across the bank. Passing briefly through the Berrys and New Providence (Nassau perhaps but just very quickly) and on to our goal- the Exumas.

Laura has a partial write-up on our crossing but we've been busy having fun!!!

Congrats guys!

We anchored just a bit up the creek from the marina you are staying in.  We were out bound there, so pretty much just passing through at that point (I think we may have spent a night after crossing the banks... we had planned to clear out and elected to just 'mail it in'.)

Looks like you are extracting maximum viewing pleasure from it!  ;D

Fair winds for the rest of the trip! 
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

CharlieJ

We moved to the anchorage onTuesday. Had it all to ourselves for a few days, but that's changing. Easter weekend is a big deal here-party time!

Waiting for a friend (offshore and headed in now) then off toward the Exumas.

Weather has FINALLY gotten nice.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

CharlieJ

We'll be outbound for Nassau, via Chub Key tomorrow. Depends on if the wind does what's forcast.

Hoping to meet up with Nick on Tura Lura in the next few days. He posts on here also.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Frank

HAVE FUN !!   PICS...WE NEED PICS    ;D
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Gypsy Soul

Hi Guys  great to see you made it and the pics are great,  Just let you know I am now following Nick on Tura Lura also.  got a lot of info from the blog site.  Looking forward to hearing about your crossing...but understand when your having fun it hard to write,

Keeping touch with Dennis and still planning on accompanying him if all goes well.  He's having some health issues and not sure if will make it,   How the good news,   After the first launch the rudder problem, we will launch tomorrow afternoon.   I am hoping all is going to go well.  I will post on my blog the out come and you will receive an alert email on your gmail account. 
Take care and be safe but have fun   Hope to join you all soon.

Richard
soon to be on
s/v Gypsysoul

Gypsy Soul

;)  HEY Guys....We're in  had a great day launch  check out the blog at

http://www.sailblogs.com/member/gypsy-soul/

Hope all is well with yu guys

Richard
s/v Gypsy Soul

Grime

Latest Photos from Charlie and Laura.

Frasel (not sure of the spelling) cleaning conch for lunch at the restaurant.

Making conch salad

End of dock.. Lisa said she wanted one.

Found wifi at the Berry Islands Club. Went snorkeling yesterday then made conch salad for dinner. We have arrived. :) Heading to Nassau in the morning. I have to fly back to Texas to help out a friend for a couple of weeks.  Hopefully CJ and Bob can stay out of trouble while I'm gone. ;)

David and Lisa
S/V Miss Sadie
Watkins 27

CharlieJ

Just a quick note- sitting in an internet cafe (Starbucks-LOUSY coffee) in Nassau, Ba too far on the nose to easily sail, so we motor sailed. We seem to have to do a lot of that. >:( >:(

But we are here- now off to the straw market. Laura is flying home in the am for a few weeks to help out a sick very close friend, so I suppose I'll have to just sail around Nassau til she gets back.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Gypsy Soul

Hope things go well CJ.  s there anything I can do to help while she is here?  Engine sea trials went well....Take care and have fun.

Richard
s/v Gypsy Soul
http://www.sailblogs.com/member/gypsy-soul/

CharlieJ

Thanks Richard, but I think it's all covered.

She's coming home to help a very close friend move to Houston. The lady has to await a liver transplant and is selling her home in Magnolia Beach, and moving to a retirement apartment  in Houston to be closer to the hospital.

This is a special woman to both of us.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera