News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Amorous

Started by Amorous, December 20, 2005, 03:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amorous

Amorous is a 1963 Columbia 29 presently undergoing a complete refit.  We will be cruising Alaska for the next 5 years or so and then points south.

CapnK

I imagine you have to pull your boat out for about half the year up there, since the water gets so hard?

Post some of her restoration pics if you'd like. It's great to see what others do on their boats. Sometimes there are ideas to steal borrow.

;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Amorous

Once she is launched the only problem will be the amount of snow that accumulates on deck as Valdez is an ice-free port.  Apparently some people hire someone local to shovel their decks but I think the safer bet will be to haul her out for the winter unless I am living aboard as I've not had good luck with other people "keeping an eye" on a boat they have no real attachment to.

oded kishony

Hi Amorous,

I'm considering doing a future refit. It's a two hour drive from my house to the boat, I find it difficult to get much work done so I've been contemplating hauling the boat to my property and taking a year off sailing to do a refit- rewire, paint, some new ports, rebed alll deck hardware etc. What made you decide to refit your boat?

oded

Frank

2 hours ain't bad....my refit was a 1600 mile drive, BUT...the good news is ya made sure ya worked once ya got there
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Amorous

It was 5003 miles from the boatyard to my house.  ;D

oded kishony

When I first bought the boat it needed some work to make her seaworthy enough to make the 3 day trip to Urbanna. I lived on the boat for two or three days at a time. Is this what you all did?

oded kishony

Frank

I had 'Revival' moved to the work erea of the marina and I 'camped out' in the storage erea as I gutted out the interior and redid a bunch of things. That was last years 3 week holiday.Put 19 long days in but got lots done that way.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men