Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

We started

Started by Mario G, November 02, 2010, 08:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnK

Quote from: Mario G on May 16, 2011, 10:23:55 PM
...from the deck of our Endeavour to see the shuttle Endeavour...

Good thing that your boat isn't named "Shuttle". That could get confusing... ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Mario G

Coastal hopping
Did 68 miles comming up the coast yesturday and set for the day of recovering/ picking up a smaller head sail..just because it was a good deal...and did I say recovering

It got a little rough out there but not so bad that anything but me got tossed a little.
Skin missing of the 1st knuckle and a black and blue a$$ the first mate confurmed it.

Tommorows hop might only be 38 miles unless we get great conditions and do a 38 hour run.

Frank

68 is a BIG day!!  You'll need some recovering. Have fun.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Mario G

made another 40 yesterday but no wind this morning. but. We did make 17 miles by lunch so we might hang out a few hours and hope things pick up. I think we are heading out for a 250 mile run next. The winds are said to be in our favor and nothing but hot grulling sun, 97* today but the light wind made it bareable.

Jim_ME

Mario, that's hot, if it is not cool enough in Chesapeake Bay area, you can always keep heading North...  ;)

Sorry to hear that your dinghy was stolen. Was it taken from shore, or...?

My dinghy was stolen a few years back, and I'm still bummed about it.  :(

Fair winds,
Jim

Mario G

On our way north we stopped in to see Capt.K in Georgetown.  Had a great late chat. (I think your working to hard there K)

Looks like we are going to set for a month to get the new ports in and rest... It still gives us a few months in the Chesapeake Bay.

CharlieJ

Where are you now?

We are on the Chesapeake, just above Norfolk
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Godot

Ooooh, we need to have a Chesapeake rendezvous!
Adam
Bayfield 29 "Seeker"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay

phil416

If you stop in Solomons, drop by Harbor Island Marina and have a look at Deep Blue.Sorry I am back in Colorado right now.  Phil
Rest in Peace, Phil;

link to Phil's Adventure thread.

CharlieJ

We will definitely stop in Solomons. Gotta visit the museum again.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Mario G

Right now we are setting in North Myrtle Beach. the plan is to hit Oriental from here for a few days then head up. This is the first time we have sat at a marina since starting. I'm still waiting for the new ports to arrive and have a few friends and family to take sailing in this area before we can move on. I think my first mate is ready to cut the lines already ;D

Auspicious

I'm going to be in and out of Annapolis--sailing--a good bit over the next few weeks, but call when you get in town and if I'm here you'll have rides.
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

CharlieJ

Mario- we're just above Norfolk for a bit longer. Give us a call and we'll see if we can sail somewhere to meet you later on.

Then

Charlie
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Mario G

Well we hit Oriental today about 4:30 after covering 180 miles in three days thru the thick smoke from the wild fiers plaguieng NC at this time. Tomorrow I will be carring the dingy from the consignment shop.

Mario G

Well I guess if you sail far enough in an older boat you will get a call on the VHF like we did yesterday from another boater giving you a little history about your boat. As a motor yacht passed yesterday its capt. radio'd to tell me he was the 1st to capt. our E-32 when it was owned by Camp Robinhood in Maine and  how it was only day sailed a few times a week during the summer months then stored in a building the rest of the year.

He said it was nice to see it again and how he enjoyed sailing it when he worked at the camp. I told him it hasn't had many changes from original and up to a few months ago still had the original main sail on it.

So now I'm going to get in touch with the camp and see what info and hopefully some old pictures of her.

Mario G

Last Monday we started south again.  It was great when Charlie stopped in on his way down, I would have like to have left then but there were still a few things in Little River that we needed to attend to.

We stopped in Georgetown to visit Kirt and had a few drinks. As always its nice talking with him. (Kirt you have to come south)

The sailing has been great even stopping to take a few days rest we have gone about 185 miles in the week and stopped in Beaufort do to some nasty weather.  Tomorrow is my birthday so I'm not sure if we will continue on and try to catch up with Charlie or hang out and look for some good Italian food.

Captain Smollett

Hi Mario,

"Good Times," eh?  Ya'll have come/gone a long way in a year.

One question: When ARE you going to start posting pictures?   ;D ;D ;D
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

CharlieJ

Charlie is at mile 809.

Plan to get to Vero qnd visit friends, then stop at Stuart for a few days. Then I'll be hheading cross state to Ft Myers.

Stay tight whn that system gets to you. We had 57 knot gusts last nnight in St Augustine!!
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Mario G

We are in Jax Fl. with a broken shift cable.  We are held up on the Ortega river waiting for a new cable, the good thing is there is a boat yard and a few chandleries. It took alittle to figure out how to remove the broken cable and everyone thats looked at it wonders how or why it broke the way it did.  So while I'm waiting I'm going to help sand and paint another boat.

Mario G

Well after setting in Jax for almost 2 weeks, mostly waiting for a part... that the boat yard had problems ordering then found they had 2 in stock we are ready to head out. I had gotten involed in preping the hull of a 38' Stevens design ketch for paint. (I thought I was retired from this) while sanding on the hull I got to watch the Blue Angels practice for an airshow this weekend.