News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Happy Canada Day!

Started by Tim, July 01, 2012, 12:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

Frank and all you other Canucks out there.
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Frank

Thanks eh   ;D   Tipped a few glass's last night at a low key deck party. A electrical linesman got paged at 9pm to say he had to be at the border at 6am!!!  Guess there are a lot of people without power around Washington and they got the call for help so a crew from the local electrical company are heading down. Sure ended his party quick as he had to leave at 2am to make it.
Cleaning up the Suncat today. Heading to lake Champlain for a week's cruise early thursday. Looking forward to the 3 "S's".... sights, scenary and sailing.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Tim

Look's like I missed last year  ;) Happy Canada Day all my Canuck friends out there
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Jim_ME

When I lived on the border in Way Down East Maine, we could listen to either Maine Public Radio or CBC Radio, so were exposed to both worlds...

Bob Dylan and Bruce Cockburn. Bonnie Raitt and Joni Mitchell.

I liked to sail across the bay [and into the other country] , preferably with a friend (most recently in the Typhoon 19), anchor and have a two-person seafood cookout on the beach and watch the sun set over my tiny port city to the West and Canada Day fireworks to the North. Drink some ales, and sail back across the bay and around the island back to my mooring under the moon and stars.

A few days later there was the 4th of July and its festival and fireworks. Exiles return to their home town from everywhere and it swells again for a time to the size that it had once been, when it was the sardine capitol of the known universe.

Now the saying is..."It's not the edge of the world, but you can see it from here..."

I think of Bruce Cockburn's song Pacing the Cage...as what can happen when you don't go sailing enough...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN2uMVYwmqc

Sometimes the best map will not guide you
You can't see what's round the bend
Sometimes the road leads through dark places
Sometimes the darkness is your friend
Today these eyes scan bleached-out land
For the coming of the outbound stage
Pacing the cage
Pacing the cage

Happy Canada Day.