News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Floating Home

Started by Jim_ME, August 20, 2014, 02:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_ME

Just saw this article, which seemed to show a [an unconventional] small/inexpensive place that could free up resources for boating [as we've discussed previously]...and be very close to that boat.

http://mainehomedesign.com/features/2396-home-floats.html

Jim_ME

And there is also this other place for sale with pretty good water views...[should be fairly easy to find your way home after sailing... :) ]

http://news.mpbn.net/post/lighthouse-bidding-war-extends-sale-deadline-again

SailorTom

I sail out of Belfast, going to make finding the floating home a challenge ;D
S/V Phoenix Triton 28 #190
Tiki 30 #164 (Year 4 of a 2 year build)
Spray a Siren 17
Luger Leeward 16
Plans for a Hitia 17

Jim_ME

Hi Tom, I had to check your profile to remind myself where you are located. Was initially thinking that maybe you could be one of our members from across the pond...possibly in Belfast, Northern Ireland...and that would explain why finding it would be a challenge...  :)

Re-reading, I see that it is in North Haven, Maine and you are a fellow Mainiac, so it should be just across and down the bay...?

When I read..."no one to bother you and no property taxes or permits..." I thought, SSSSHHHHH!!! ...definitely don't want to say that in print, if you want the ability to do something like this to last very long.

Nothing worse than seeing people having fun simply and inexpensively.  ;)

Frank

Very cool !!!!!   Great link!
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Jim_ME

Thanks, Frank, I thought of your cottage in the Bahamas as I was posting it, and how you brought some cool dirt-dwelling topics to the forum in the past...  :)

[Efficient use of space in small dwellings has a lot in common with boat layouts.]

SailorTom

Quote from: Jim_ME on August 20, 2014, 05:42:39 PM
Re-reading, I see that it is in North Haven, Maine and you are a fellow Mainiac, so it should be just across and down the bay...?

When I read..."no one to bother you and no property taxes or permits..." I thought, SSSSHHHHH!!! ...definitely don't want to say that in print, if you want the ability to do something like this to last very long.
After our last property tax bill increase, we're ready to go floating again:)

The adventure/challenge is that my only boat sailing right now is a Siren 17.   
S/V Phoenix Triton 28 #190
Tiki 30 #164 (Year 4 of a 2 year build)
Spray a Siren 17
Luger Leeward 16
Plans for a Hitia 17