News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Ship's Log

Started by Captain Smollett, August 05, 2006, 09:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Smollett

Logs run the gambit from a true "Log Book" (dry, factual prose stating position, weather and boat/crew condition) to journals with stories and impressions.

I tend to keep more of a journal, though I try to include "log" type entries.  I try to record anything related to the boat, our journal or destination when we arrive, even if it only a 1 hour daysail.  As my daughter (and then my son) learns to write, I will get her a journal to keep her own, as well, just as the old Midshipmen during the Great Age of Sail were required to keep.

So, I'm curious:  what kind of log/journal do you keep?
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

AdriftAtSea

I have two logs that I keep.  One is a journal type log, and much of what is written in that is later re-written and posted to my blog.  The other is a basic, factual, record book type journal. 
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

prairie_sailing

I keep a log that includes weather, persons who went with me sailing, wind conditions and depth of water at the slip.  Somewhere I downloaded a logbook from some web page in the Pacific Northwest.  Can't remember where and I'll have to search for it on the hard drive.

Greg