2007/03/22 Sailorbum Update

Started by Bubba the Pirate, March 22, 2007, 08:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba the Pirate

Tonight is the last time I'll be updating you all from the relative comfort of my South Bend, IN apartment.   The second to last of the 'land lubber creature comforts' is on the gallows.  My cable and cable internet is cancelled as of today.  It is still working at 8:00 pm.   From now on, I'll be updating from coffeeshops, libraries, marinas and wherever else I can find some wifi. 

I will have Netflix for about three more weeks.   I went to cancel my XM radio and they gave me three months free.  So I put it on my calendar to cancel in mid-June.  :o)

I live downtown, my sister lives in the suburbs of Grand Rapids, MI.   I will probably have a 'garage sale' up there; better traffic. 

I scheduled with the marina to test the diesel the week of 4/16.  I probably won't re-winterize it then.   That'll save $100 or so.   

This Saturday night, a bunch of work folk are having a Bon Voyage Party for me at the venerable Midway Tavern, Mishawaka, IN.   A blues mecca for 100 miles radius.   Junior and the Igniters are playing; rockabilly roots rock and blues.  They are great!!  Also, this weekend, my last pledge drive with the local radio station.  I'll be answering phones most the rest of the weekend. 

If all goes according to plan, I'll be in Bay City next to s/v In A Mist the week of 4/16. 

First List:

Bottom Paint
Windex and Bleach Water down below
Inspect Fuel, water, and holding tanks and systems
Inspect thru hulls
Inventory sails, lines and other equipment
Make List Two.    ;D

TrT
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Eat When You're Hungry,
Work When You're Broke.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AdriftAtSea

Yay... congrats... good for you... :D

Look forward to hearing and seeing your posts from Bay City. 

s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

skylark

The Listmaking Begins

Pretty soon you will have lists of lists.
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

Pixie Dust

Go for it Sailorbum!!  I am loving it.  The transition can have some challenges, but all worth it.   I am really enjoying living on my humble little floating abode.   I sense your enthusiasm in your entries and I relate totally!!
ENJOY!!!
Connie
s/v Pixie Dust
Com-pac 27/2