Member input needed, re: selling sailFar

Started by CapnK, April 01, 2007, 09:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldrig

Uh-oh.
Godot wins the prize. He seems to have been the only one to catch the date of this post!
Grog to ye!
"What a greate matter it is to saile a shyppe or goe to sea"
--Capt. John Smith, 1627

Tim

Actually it was about the laziest April Fools joke I have every seen  ;)
A grog for you Craig
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

s/v Faith

Quote from: Tim on April 06, 2009, 05:01:11 PM
Actually it was about the laziest April Fools joke I have every seen  ;)
A grog for you Craig

;D  Thanks man. 
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

newt

It does bring up a good point however- how large are we? How many have joined this last year? We will ever get the attention of the big mags? Sorry Capt K, I don't think so! :D
When I'm sailing I'm free and the earth does not bind me...

CharlieJ

There are 462 registered members, and we've had 23,7xx posts on 1600 subjects.

Goodly crew, but I suspect you are correct. Besides- they ain't interested in our size boats- remember- this last year Cruising World referred to boats under 35 feet as "pocket cruisers". Simply cannot put enough supposedly "necessary for cruising JUNK" on a smaller boat.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

geneWj

Hey Kurt;
Just found U again, do not be playing with bigga money. stay small, go sailing be happy!
As a two boat owner, I found when both boats were in the water, First Born was used, not TPIII and when U live aboard it takes way,way longer to prepare to go for a day sail.  Enjoy U'r little space and be happy
gene
Keep Learning!!

chris2998

LOL sure would be nice though if someone did offer a large some though.

I have seen this actually happen on another forum of a guy starting a jeep forum then he sold it to some place that sold jeep accesories and the forum steadily went down the drain. All the people who knew everything about jeeps left and went to another forum it changed alot

newt

I think that is the point. We are the forum. We make the forum what it is, and we won't be sold. If Sailing were to buy this forum, we would all go somewhere else. But I dont think Capt K wants a big boat--uh does he??? ;D
When I'm sailing I'm free and the earth does not bind me...

AdriftAtSea

This is actually last year's April Fool's joke resurrected... :)
Quote from: Oldrig on April 06, 2009, 03:37:49 PM
Uh-oh.
Godot wins the prize. He seems to have been the only one to catch the date of this post!
Grog to ye!
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

dnice

um... the year before last actually :p

I think its safe to assume this will be resurrected every 04.01.xx from now on :)

Tim

Quote from: dnice on April 11, 2009, 01:11:38 AM

I think its safe to assume this will be resurrected every 04.01.xx from now on :)

It's a senility check...I'M just not sure who it's checking  ;)
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

dnice

Quote from: Tim on April 11, 2009, 01:16:56 AM
Quote from: dnice on April 11, 2009, 01:11:38 AM

It's a senility check...I'M just not sure who it's checking  ;)

Yes this post is brackish... Oh wait, you didn't say salinity you said sanity! er not sanity...  S E N I L I T Y
OH I GET IT NOW! :D