Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Singlehanding

Started by oded kishony, January 21, 2006, 10:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieJ

Lol- how about decks that do not leak?

On the sink- ours drains on either tack for sure. It lifts out and either gets dumped overboard or out the cockpit drains. Tehani has zero through hulls below the water line , which means no sink drain either.

Our stove is for sure gimbled.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

Gus

I rigged a jib downhaul after my experience in the Chesapeake, and I liked it.
s/v Halve Maen
1976 Chrysler 22
North Carolina
www.flickr.com/photos/gus_chrysler22/

newt

Charlie, I have been thinking about your setup and I have a suggestion. When you get back from cruising- what about drilling a hole above the waterline, but make the sink a little higher. That is the setup my Compac has- seem to work just fine, as long as you put it on a thru hull and close it off when heeling profoundly.
When I'm sailing I'm free and the earth does not bind me...

CharlieJ

Well, for one thing the hoses and valves would steal space from our galley storage area, which is fullof pots, pans, dishes,etc.

Secondly it would require that hole. With it's sea cock or valve, even above the water.

Third, we'd have to totally rebuilt the sink area to raise it, but it's already high enough actually.

Lastly, it's just really simple to lift out the sink and dump it. No big deal. Much simpler.
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

newt

You know- it works for you. Having that tight as a drum feeling inside- that has to be worth a lot.
When I'm sailing I'm free and the earth does not bind me...

ntica

Didn't know where to put this so...But the Old "Golden Globe challenge" is comming up in 2014, they say. read more at:
http://sites.google.com/site/goldenglobechallenge/