News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Spring 'start up'

Started by Frank, April 19, 2006, 08:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

For those of us who don't live in 'southern waters'...how's the boat launch prep coming ?? Bottom paint is kinda boring...any 'neet' projects/ideas/finds??? I'l be tackling my old pearson electra soon.Nice old boat other than the mold growing inside and the 2ft hole in the keel.....details,details. I'll be doing before/afters on this ole gal. Like all Alberg designs...she's a pretty ole gal. At 22ft...guess she'll qualify as 'small boat/long distance'
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Solace

Greetings from the Great White North!
Took the shrink wrap off yesterday. prepping it for coming out of the water tomorrow. Started the motor today - took it over to get a pump out and a little ride. Felt great.

What's in store for the weekend and next week - I going to drop the rudder and replace the bearings - little loose, paint the bottom and have a survey done to get her registered federally.

There are at least a dozen small projects in various stages that also need to get done, small amount of cabinetry, adding an LED light for the cockpit table, installing a smoke acrylic panel to keep the satellite dish and PS2 from moving around, the hull needs a good cleaning and waxing - contemplating wetsanding it down and giving Solace a face lift. I am also going to be running two backstays rather than splitting them. That means new chainplates - they are already cut, replacing the bimini canvas and of course re-rigging. I am really looking forward to that as I have a wheel and you sit on the transom to steer - the backstay has been a pain in the  . . . .

To have the survey done, the boat has to be completely stripped - cockpit lockers emptied (which is a big job on my boat) so that every part can be inspected.

Hopefully we'll be back in the water and rig up by the first week of May.

Thanks for asking - and for reading.

Cheers!

John

Frank

John..sounds like you'l be busy !!  It is amazing what builds up in those lockers...a wheel barrow might be handy!!
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

CapnK

It's that time of year when *everybody* is gettin' busy on their projects...  ;D

Frank - what's that 2' hole? A new kind of outboard well?  ::) ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)