Started by Captain Smollett, December 21, 2005, 08:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobW

Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI
Building Gardens of Fenwick, a Welsford Pathfinder
Karen Ann, a Storer Goat Island Skiff

Dougcan

Pictures loaded fine for me too Charlie.

Additional note, you forgot the flower and vase on the table.  :D

s/v Faith

??? They are loading fine for me now also....

.. Don't know what the problem was?
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

BobW

I finished the cutting, fitting, and assembly of the prototype for a cabin table.  This is more of a "knock-down" table than a "folding" table.

The basic design is a frame that fits over two cleats mounted on the facings of the settee.  There are two 1x3s spaced 3/4" apart on the bottom front edge of the table, forming a slot that fits on the 1x2 top piece of the frame.  A 1x3 supports the back end of the table.  The table top measures 24x24.  It all stows on the V-berth when not in use.

Some pics:

The cleats:

The frame:

The table:

Everything will be stained and finished.

Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI

Captain Smollett

Nice work, Bob.  That seems to be a little different approach (variety is always welcome). Thanks for posting the pics.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

LauraG

Verticle cleats! Super idea. I have been trying to figure out a way we can use our table in the cockpit. You just may have given me the answer. Thanks, Bob!

BobW

Thanks for the kind comments.  They are appreciated.  :)

Laura, after all the ideas, suggestions, and tips I have gleaned from you and Charlie, I am glad you can use one of mine.  Hope it works for you... We'll expect to see pics!
Bob Wessel
Fenwick, MI

Frank

just finished 'jubilee's' in time..we launch tomorrow.Came up with a super simple way to make it detachable to/from the stern rail.

Cockpit Table Bracket:

And the cockpit table itself:

Edit: Captain Smollet, Added Pictures
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Joe Pyrat

While I haven't seen on of these in a few years, they are very handy.  The table has an L-bracket support that attaches to a groved plate which mounts to a vertical surface.  Wedges are provided to compensate for any slant to the surface.  I bought two mounting plates so I could put one in the cockpit and one in the saloon.

Joe Pyrat

Vendee Globe Boat Name:  Pyrat

CapnK

Joe -

Where do the wedges go? I'm guessing above/below the bracket the L-support slides into?
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Joe Pyrat

CapnK,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  The wedges go behind the bulkhead mounted mounting bracket.  They lay flat against the bracket and compensate for any slant to the bulkhead on which the bracket is mounted.  On my application, it was not necessary to use them in the main saloon (as shown in the picture) but I did need to use one of them in the cockpit.

Hope that helps.
Joe Pyrat

Vendee Globe Boat Name:  Pyrat