Another Canned Chicken idea, plus

Started by Bubba the Pirate, November 16, 2007, 07:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba the Pirate

I'm out on the road still, I am provisioning the truck using some ideas gleaned from atomvoyages.com and have been experimenting on my own.  These are No Fridge for the most part.

Riffing on James and Mei's Mung Bean Sprout salad, I've been using Chop Suey Vegetables, 14 oz can; canned Tuna or Chicken, 3 oz; some garlic powder, black pepper.    I mix these with some mustard, or mustard and a little Louisiana hot sauce, or Tiger Sauce and a touch of mustard.    La Choy also has "Fancy Chinese Vegetable."  However, eating these like a salad at room temperature or so, for me, the Fancy has too many bamboo shoots.   They are just not as good unheated.  IMHO. 

So, there is tuna or chicken with three different flavors.   I can eat this often.

Using an idea from Mom, I take a can of Mexi Corn, the whole kernel corn with peppers in it and a half can of black beans, seasoned.  [I'm only feeding myself so I'm using an 8 oz can of Mexi Corn and half a can of beans]  I mix these with a little hot sauce.   Recently, I was in a little PA town with a grocery right next to the truckstop, I got a package of Grape Tomatoes.   I love these.   I had a few at lunch with some string cheese and then for supper made the Chicken, Corn and Black Beans above but added a pile of grape tomatoes cut in half.   It was gourmet for me.   :o)

Mom makes a salad out of corn, black beans, finely diced onion, chopped tomatoe or sliced grape tomatoes and then slathers it all up with a Southwest Ranch Salad Dressing.   It is very easy and tastes very good!!   Simple and a good quick dish to pass that will garner lots of compliments.   

Fair Winds,

TrT

PS: I should be off the road in June.   Hopefully headed south by October 2008. 
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~