Started by Frank, December 31, 2007, 12:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skylark

Just a little refreshing coolness!  :P
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

s/v Faith

Frank,

Here is some grog in thanks, keep the great pics coming.  As Rose and I continue our way back north we both spend more time talking about our plans for the next trip then the cruising we are doing today.

Tim,
QuoteBut then I remembered I was going to be down there also during Spring Break!
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I shall try to remember the bar (Captain Jim's?) , but when you are in Hope Town ask for 'Chicago Mike' he keeps his Ariel there and is a great guy. (Here is some grog for you to pass along to him for me).

Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

Frank

No prob Craig...I know the ariel.He was not around last time I went looking...will  try again in a few days.Just had 2 good buddies fly in to Treasure Cay...took them to Manjack, GreenTurtle, Hope Town and then Marsh Harbour (yuck) where they just flew out of today.Was a fun time. Judy flys in here March 1st and with bad weather/winds forcast, I'll just hang out here until she arrives. Sure is 'culture shock' how loud and busy this is after GreenTurtle and HopeTown.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Lynx

Frank, Are you going to be at Nipers on Sunday?

Leaving Man of War on Turrsday if the weather is as predicted and going over to Marsh for the day. Where are you anchored?

Lynx
MacGregor 26M

Frank

I'll be at Marsh Harbour untill march 2nd :-(   Anchored "yes Kurt..anchored ;-)" out front near the 'moorings boat rentals'. Here is a few pics from Marsh Harbour

Lynx

Just wait until you try to pull up those anchors, you may need my 50 hp.

See you on Thurs. Pizza for lunch?
I need to go to Ace Hardware.
MacGregor 26M

Frank

Quite a rain around 7 am in Marsh Harbour...lots of wind too. Calling for gusts over 35 knots today. Feel good here at anchor...great holding in a grey coloured firm mud. Pic just before dingy ride in to do laundry.

skylark

Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

Frank

Met James from MV Lynx for a Marsh Harbour walkabout and pizza.Good pizza...reasonable too. Ya have to dodge traffic here...busy ! Had another couple wake me up for a visit. I've ran into them 5 times in Florida and 8-9 times here in Bahamas over years, nice peple.Small world out here. Sunny today after yesterdays big blow and rain. Here's a few pics from Marsh Harbour    Kurt...note the ANCHOR line off my bow ::)

Frank

Frank

one more  ;) ............sorry Charlie :o

Tim

Thanks for the pics Frank, and Charlie probably won't mind, he and Laura actually went out and spent the night at anchor last night. ;)
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Frank

took this a few minutes ago while having coffee in the cockpit..."just another morning in Bahamas'

AdriftAtSea

Frank-

Did I ever mention how much I can hate you on mornings like this... :)
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

CapnK

Hey Frank - How about I show everyone "The Rest of the Picture"?

(All: It's sad, isn't it? Poor guy...)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Tim

"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

skylark

Those pics can't be real, the whole world is covered in white stuff. 
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

Pappy Jack

Oh man!!!

I needed that! I spent 12 hrs. working outside last night in Wisconson. It was COLD, snowing, blowing and(I'll say it one more time :'()COLD. I told myself that when I get back to the motel I will get on line and look up SailFar and hope that there are some new pics. from somewhere warm ;) and there they are. Thanks from somebody who really needed a lift ;D.

Fair winds,

Pappy Jack

Frank

there is 'eye candy' docked here too (Kurt..us poor folk ANCHOR out ;D)   pic

skylark

A Sailfar exclusive: I have been working on a search engine bot that will go through my database of cruising links and look for specific search terms. It digs down 3 pages deep and checks the website for search terms out of a database.  I have been working on this for about 3 weeks straight and finally got it to work the way I want it.  I think it is working anyway.  Here are the results for the Bahamas:

http://cruisenews.net/Bahamas.htm

Is this useful?  I am going do an ICW page next, with all the ports I can find up and down the ICW.
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan