News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Bahamas cruising

Started by Frank, December 31, 2007, 12:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Cleaned up the boat today. Judy's sister flys in  shortly...Judy arrives tommorrow. Had other visiters this afternoon...hard to photograph...but managed a few pics...note the fish in his mouth 1st pic
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Tim

That guy with the fish is doing what your doing with these photos! ;)  ;D
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

fullkeeldan

If you havent been speaking with anyone up here Frank, let me tell you that it was in the negative 25 ( celcius for our US friends ) for 02/26/27/28/29 and calling for neg 2 on Sat the first.
Here I was thinking it was going to be a great day, then I saw these pics.

I worship the water you bob on and praise the peace you are experiencing.

poop, did that come out of my mouth
No placebos for me, I prefer to cheat

Lynx

I spend last night in Whale Cay Abacos Bahamas -

Nice having lunch with Frank in Marsh Harbor
MacGregor 26M

Frank

Had Judy's sister/BIL fly in.They rented a cat...fun and roomy.Here's a pic taken from the 'living room' of the cat while in Hopetown.

Frank

After every rain...comes a ??

Frank

The 'pointer sisters' on deck

AdriftAtSea

Looks like a big catamaran... :)
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Frank

ManJack's ocean side beach is HUGE...and all to yourself

Lynx

Have you been there all day?

Nice weather, finally in the low 70's and in the 60's tonight.
MacGregor 26M

Frank

No. The cat returned to Hope Town and Jubilee carried on to Spanish for the predicted high winds/front coming thru.The sail up was more wind than the actual front ! We made 6.8 knots down wind with just a reefed jib!! Fun stuff.Hot showers,breakfast and we are heading back Manjack way today.Here's a pic of the front approaching taken from Spanish's veranda

Frank

"young free spirits"....Someone had mentioned the lack of young people out cruising now as compared to the 70's and how the youth seemed focused on getting 'ahead' and $$...that the 'free spirit' of youth is gone. I mentioned this to a friend Bill...he replied "they're still out here..it's just there are SO many more grey hairs now". A few weeks passed and we returned to Manjack.Our last night there we moved down to the lower anchorage near Bill. He came out to ask us in for a fish fry. Getting in just before dark, we were greeted by Ben..a young man who later treated us to his singing and guitar skills well into the night, Sarah and Jay..a young couple From England that left Annapolis on Jan. 8th ( YES..JANUARY 8th..there WAS ice in the harbour) on their Bristol 27 they had just finished working on to cruise thru the Bahamas and next year to England. Jay was happy as Lancy Burns, a veteran of 3 Atlantic crossings-2 solo (one OSTAR) was anchored out back with his wealth of experience to share with the young captain. Sarah has a beautiful voice and did several duets with Ben...even learned to sing 'southern'...quite a feat for a girl with a proper English accent. Across sat Tony and Kelly..another couple in their 20's. Tony was missing playing his guitar and wanted badly to join in. He had pawned his to add to their cruising fund and stay out longer.This couple had 2 dogs aboard and had us laughing all night with their stories of miss adventure.After living on canned food for a while, they all pigged out on Leslie's conch fritters and grouper. Brian..a young contractor from Michigan sat in as well.I told him I was 'kind of' from Michigan. I had an uncle Frank there and my dad always joked that Frank's farm was where I was concieved...hence my name. He said his wife was now do and he'd have to call his child 'Double Breasted' when it arrived as that was the Cay it was concieved at. So there we were...3 mature couples being totally entertained by these 6 young people in their 20's..so full of life and adventure. All on extremely tight budjets..all having a hoot. Bill was right...they ARE still there..ya just have to look a lil harder....but its worth the find. We went back to Jubilee happy after having one of the very best nights of our cruise.Singing and laughter was the main course after the fritters and fish. I hope to meet more 'youngin's' next year. pic is Bill,Jay,Sarah and Ben on the Bristol 27 when they sailed out to invite us to the fish fry.

Frank

Ben, Sarah, Jay and Bill can be seen on the bristol 27 in my photo file 'Bahamas 08' . I just uploaded several pics from this years cruise there

CapnK

Kewl, Frank. Good pics.

James - that shot of Lynx - Aaaahhhh....

(Also, I increased the folder size, you can try again. :) Sorry I couldn't get to it sooner - was out kayak camping over the weekend. 8) )
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

AdriftAtSea

CapnK-

What! you were out having fun... I didn't think that was allowed for sysops and admins. :)
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at

Frank

One of our last days on Manjack we dingied out back in calmer waters exploring.4 dolphins came to 'play' and darted beside,under and just in front of us for about 15 minutes. Look close...4 in 2nd pic

Frank

Just pulled into the driveway after a 26 hr drive. !6 yesterday, 10 today. This is what awaited me on march 27th. Reality sucks sometimes  :(

CapnK

FINALLY!!!

After all these months, *I* get to rub it in (for once!)... ;D

Hey Frank - my commute today - 250 feet, across the marina, by rowing my dinghy. To work on a bote. A sailbote.

It was really tough.

Phew! Think I'll have a beer.

(Hey, I thought you were stopping by on the way back?!? Man, that lookscold and unwelcoming, compared to other pics you've posted lately...)
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

CapnK

Quote from: AdriftAtSea on March 25, 2008, 08:56:09 AM
CapnK-

What! you were out having fun... I didn't think that was allowed for sysops and admins. :)

Occasionally, when no one is looking, we sneak out... ;D
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

AdriftAtSea

Note to self:  hire more guards... ;)
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran