News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Passages

Started by CapnK, January 24, 2008, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJim

Well, I'm at Berekely slip M-111.  Stop by some evening.  Usually got beer, Tequila, Bourbon and Gin aboard, your choice, maybe even a BBQ going, WELCOME, TJim

TJim

PS....That invitation extends to anyone else in the area who frequents this board. 
That gate is just the opposite to me....it's the door to the whole world.....and I can't wait to use it...TJim

Tim

Quote from: TJim on March 16, 2008, 09:29:09 AM
PS....That invitation extends to anyone else in the area who frequents this board. 
That gate is just the opposite to me....it's the door to the whole world.....and I can't wait to use it...TJim
I am going to try and get the Ariel out that following week probably mid-week, I will try and catch up to you if I can.
Tim
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

TJim

Tim, my cell is 801 864 1416....hopefully I'll be aboard Saturday making some changes..That Tiger windless is too hard on feet, shins and I'm tired of having to wash the blood off the fore deck.....It's going to the dock locker until I get ready to get underway.....I needed to move it forward about 6 inches anyway... I got a brand new asymmetrical to play with and looking forward to it.  give me a call anytime you got time..TJim

AdriftAtSea

Tjim-

Thanks for the invite. :-) 
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Zen

Jheeze a hit of Tekillya is usally good. Too bad it's evengs, I'll be right there this coming Friday afternoon,  at the people's Republic of Berkeley
oh well  :(

Hey should check out my friend Ed over at http://evk4.blogspot.com/

he is ding the Pacfic cup to Hawaii run. He has a small boat there ! A something.

I was just there @ Berkeley for the Marine Flea market a couple of weeks ago or was last week??

There is another in Emeryville Marina coming in a couple of weeks, then another up at the Brickyard in Richmond in April..Incase you need some parts

Quote from: TJim link=topic=1408.msg15332#msg15332 date=
Well, I'm at Berekely slip M-111.  Stop by some evening.  Usually got beer, Tequila, Bourbon and Gin aboard, your choice, maybe even a BBQ going, WELCOME, TJim
https://zensekai2japan.wordpress.com/
Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club

TJim

That flea market was last weekend.  A friend (fellow Triton owner) picked up a gimbled one burner stove that will work in the limited galley area of a Triton.  I'd say that's pretty lucky at any price under $100...I'm talking about one that you can actually use in a bit of weather....So naturally the Emeryville flea market will be on Saturday and/or Sunday, probably the 29th and/or 30th during the Wheeler...
There is always something you can use at such events....Maybe I can sneak in early and get out & on the water early enough... TJim

Zen

Ah so his is the one who brought that. I was going to buy that from Brad but he said it was sold, the guy was coming back for it.

Manannan

Hey, you from California.....
Can you tell me when the Jack London Boat Show in Oakland is (sailing) ? I know more and less it is at the end of April.
thanks
Leaving always represents the same challenge to one's self : that of daring...

Tim

"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Bill NH

A sailor's toast, scrawled on a pub wall in English Harbor, Antigua...

"May the wind at your backside not be your own..."

125' schooner "Spirit of Massachusetts" and others...

Manannan

....Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius.. and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction... Albert Einstein

can that apply to certain cruising boats I know ?  ;)

Zen

Hmm, Im not sure which "hey you from Ca" you are talking to, there are several of us here!

April 16-20

I'll be there at least a couple days working the Oakland Lake Merrett Boating center booth.

Manannan

Well, I know I would get your attention.. thanks for the info. I won't be there though, too many miles to jump.
Zen, I have met you several times in most of the Bay area flea markets. Did not make the connection until I read your blog. I am glad I am away from those flea markets... came back with too much junk  ;D

Zen

Heheahhah Yeah, I know that feeling! Not having any money will cut that WAY back  ;D

Pappy Jack

Ahhh, the zen of the empty pocket ::).

Fair winds,

Pappy Jack

Manannan

yeah...But  we can never get enough of what we don't need to make us happy.....
What a dilemma   :(

Manannan

let's celebrate the arrival of Spring, unless you live in those endless summer places and that does not make any difference, we desperately need it here.... :(

...You expected to be sad in the fall, part of you dies each year when the leaves fell from the trees and their branches were bare against the wind and the cold wintry light. But you knew there would always be the Spring, as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reasons.... Ernest Hemingway

Happy Spring Equinox and fairwinds to enjoy it  :)

Manannan

April 1.....This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other 364... Mark Twain
:D :D

Manannan

How is your spring ? In my corner, it is snowing where it should not and when it should not anymore. Mark Twain must have travelled up there when he said :
''In Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside 24 hours ''....Of course, my mood follows trying to adjust.. it is exhausting !!