News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

It ain't just power boaters

Started by Frank, February 05, 2008, 08:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I returned to check on Jubilee tonight while she was at anchor before going to dinner.As I turned the bend and Jubilee came into view...there was a large..about 45ft..sloop directly behind her..crosswise..with seatow alongside.As I closed up with the dingy...seatow left.I came to learn they had ran aground coming in to St Lucie inlet (no surprise..terrible inlet) and got seatow to bring them in.Seatow ran them aground again right behind me...and left!! This boat is broadside, unable to 'swing at anchor' and honestly only 35-40 ft off my stern! Now...the really amazing part is..they did not complain to seatow or asked to be moved and within 5 minutes of being released...all 3 aboard hopped in the dingy and left for dinner, right at dusk, without even turning on an anchor light! I was sitting in my cockpit looking at this massive boat right behind me..broadside,no lights,no crew and wondering .........................
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

AdriftAtSea

Unfortunately, there are some really stupid people out there....
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Lynx

IF they did not put out an anchor, it's yours!!

Not THAT stupid??
MacGregor 26M

AdriftAtSea

Depending on where you are, you could always call the boat in as a hazard to navigation... :)   Especially, if they weren't bright enough to put out an anchor. :) Lynx's point about "salvaging" the boat is also probably quite valid, if exceptionally evil.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at

Frank

They did have an anchor out...although with the stern 6in higher than the bow...it was not needed.Their dingy returned around 10pm, they climbed abourd and proceeded to crank up the stereo!! at least i enjoyed a few of the tunes.The boat, by the way...turns out in daylight to e a beautuful hinckley yawl!! Proving that money and brains do not always go hand in hand.This pic taken just before leaving at daybreak showing their position astern of me all night.Imagine a 30knt wind coming up and Jubilee dragging into that beauty???
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

AdriftAtSea

Well, it is pretty certain that they wouldn't have dragged... since they were already aground. :)
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran