Any SailFar folks heading down to Georgetown for Regatta?

Started by Bill NH, February 20, 2008, 03:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill NH

Any SailFar folks heading down to Georgetown for Regatta?
125' schooner "Spirit of Massachusetts" and others...

Auspicious

I'll be there for about the last half on a friend's Jeanneau 40.
S/V Auspicious
HR 40 - a little big for SailFar but my heart is on small boats
Chesapeake Bay

Beware cut and paste sailors.

s/v Faith

I choose to sail out of here (Georgetown) to just miss it last year (2013) and may miss it again depending on what happens on moving the boat.  Right now I only know I will be here for most of this month.

Anyone else planning to be here for the regatta?
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

seachange

We are here in Georgetown waiting for mail before heading south to who knows where. Please don't hold us to who knows where.

Looks like we will be here for the Regatta. If you are in Georgetown look for the a little green boat with an Australian flag and stop by for a rum drink. We don't have any beer on board but we do have three types of cheap Rum.... and a very energetic four year old.
S/V Sea Change II
Pacific Seacraft 34
Sailing the Seven Seas
No watermaker, dodger, generator, radar, hot water or freezer required!

s/v Faith

I avoid regrets.. 

Now I have two for this trip.   :P

First, I had to head north before the regatta.... As has now happened several times.  I have been there for the tshirt sales 5 times now (before and after)... And have yet to make it for the regatta proper.  >:(

Second, I missed drinking rum aboard Sea Change II with her crew!  Shane, I really enjoyed Mary's visit, and should very much like to take a rain check in drinking rum with you and Franklin some time in the future!  ;D

Fairest of fair winds to your good ship and her Crew!
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

CharlieJ

Welcome to SailFar

And of course there's rum and no beer aboard. When I was in Exumas last, beer was $6 a bottle and rum $7 a liter.

What sailFar cruiser can afford beer there? ;D
Charlie J

Lindsey 21 Necessity

On Matagorda Bay
On the Redneck Riviera

seachange

Quote from: s/v Faith on February 11, 2014, 02:41:57 PMSecond, I missed drinking rum aboard Sea Change II with her crew!  Shane, I really enjoyed Mary's visit, and should very much like to take a rain check in drinking rum with you and Franklin some time in the future!  ;D
Looking forward to it. May be we should give Franklin a "punch" first!    :D

Quote from: CharlieJ on February 11, 2014, 03:38:24 PMWhat sailFar cruiser can afford beer there? ;D
You hit the nail on the head. Rum is as cheap as $7/litre, Beer is more than $40/case.
S/V Sea Change II
Pacific Seacraft 34
Sailing the Seven Seas
No watermaker, dodger, generator, radar, hot water or freezer required!