Ft. Lauderdale to Bahamas to South Africa?

Started by gltea, February 26, 2008, 09:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gltea

I don't know how adventurous I feel.  I am currently in Ft. Lauderdale, waiting for a motor scooter and weather window.  I will be crewing on a boat heading for South Africa.  I don't know how long I will stay on.  I'll just see how it goes. 

We will make first landfall in Bimini or Nassua depending on wind and weather.  We will then head down the Exumas.  It is a cruising delivery.  The owner/captain plans to go through the Panama Canal so I imagine it could take a year or so. 

Am I apt to see any of you during my travels?
Be careful of what you wish for because you just might get it.

Sarah
MV Suzy Q
Walker Bay dinghy

Tim

Sarah, If you see three Sea Pearls sailing up the Exuma Cays between April 5th and 12th, I will be in one of them  ;D ;D ;D
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

CapnK

That is an unusual route. :) But hey - it leads through the SoPac, so that doesn't sound bad at all! :D

Maybe you'll pass the 1000Days schooner Anne on the way...  ;D ;)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

Pappy Jack

Hi Sara,

Wow :o! Giving up a trip to Cuba for a trip( the long way) to South Africa 8). Sure  beats what I'll be doing for the next year ;). You have a good time and don't forget to write...oh ya, and don't forget to sends lots of pics ;D.

Fair winds to ya gal,

Pappy Jack

gltea

Things weren't coming together as anciptated so I have left the boat on an amiable basis.  I am now staying with friends from Boynton Beach and regrouping.  I may just ship my sailing gear back to Canada and continue on south/southeast until the snow stops falling.

IT'S A GREAT LIFE IF YOU DON'T WEAKIN.

Sarah
MV Suzy Q
Walker Bay dinghy

Tim

Quote from: gltea on February 29, 2008, 01:09:05 PM
Things weren't coming together as anciptated so I have left the boat on an amiable basis.  I am now staying with friends from Boynton Beach and regrouping.  I may just ship my sailing gear back to Canada and continue on south/southwest until the snow stops falling.

IT'S A GREAT LIFE IF YOU DON'T WEAKIN.
Sorry to hear, Try and stay sunny :)
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Pappy Jack

Hi Sara,

Here is a quote from Captn. Fatty Goodlander that might help; "Procrastination is the key to flexability ;D". It's a philosophy that my wife says I live by ::). When you say "south/southwest", where abouts so you mean?

Fair winds,

Pappy Jack

gltea

I meant south/southeast.  It must have been a Freudian slip. ;D

Now....on to Plan B 8)

Sarah
MV Suzy Q
Walker Bay dinghy

Lynx

MacGregor 26M