Main Menu

Salvage

Started by wild one, March 18, 2008, 10:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wild one

Got it!. I'm beat so info later.

psyche

Tracy,
I don't think anyone would contest title of the boat as they would aso be required to pay for salvage of the boat.  I am glad to know you are at the Jekyll Marina. I live on the Ogeechee River in Richmond Hill just up the ICW from you. We should have a SailFar gathering sometime. With James and Mei in Brunswick and you at Jekyll maybe a pot lock in your area. There maybe others in the area as well. Good luck with the boat. Dan

CapnK

Hey Tracy -

Did "Got it" mean you have the boat floating? If so, then -

Pics! ;D

And Congrats, too!
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

s/v Faith

QuoteMy name is Tracy and I have a 26' Chrysler here at Jekyll Ilse Ga. I met the owner of S.V. Faith on thier way down last fall and he gave the addy here.

Tracy,

Glad you made it here, sorry I messed up your name the first time...  :P

Congrats on rasing the boat, what did you do that worked?  How goes the paperwork?

Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

wild one

Sorry guys for not getting back about the salvage. We raised the boat by glassing over a crack in the side at low tide where it had been beat up with the waves on the oyster bed it was on. Then we towed it to the lift and put it on a rollback then slid it off on some supports. I'm still waiting for the D.N.R to get back with the info on the boat. I found a S.S. card and gave the name and #s to the D.N.R. and they say that is the one that it is registerd to but they can't find anything on him and we can't find #s on the boat for positive I.D. of the boat. The D.N.R said the boat is a home built but I don't think so. Its just to factory looking to be. I have cell phone pics of the boat but don't know how to upload them but I will send them to anyone that will if you guys want to see if someone knows what kind of boat it is.

s/v Faith

QuoteThe D.N.R said the boat is a home built but I don't think so. Its just to factory looking to be.

Boats built prior to stardardized HIN's (Hull Identification Numbers) are often titled as 'homebuilt'.

Faith has a hull number of #226, but since it is not long enough to be a conforming HIN North Carolina registered it as a 'home built boat'.  When re-titled in Florida, they had to use the 'homebuilt' designation since that was what was on the title from NC.
Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.