News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

it's a boy!

Started by vinegarj, July 22, 2008, 01:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinegarj

from over at 1000days.net, it appears that the exit of reid's crew a few months back was not entirely due to simple old seasickness as he's now announced that soanya has given birth to their son.  very interesting twist for those who have followed his voyage.

AdriftAtSea

Yes, but did you see Reid's lovely log entry.  He calls the boy an "accident"... very classy.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

Shipscarver

Maybe it was a typo? Should have been, "incident."
"The great secret that all old people share
is that you really haven't changed . . .
Your body changes, but you don't change at all.
And that, of course, causes great confusion." . . . Doris Lessing

Shipscarver - Cape Dory 27

dnice

So funny!

It was obvious from the beginning though.

When I first came across their voyage, they were just about to depart,
and everything looked good...

Then I watched the video of Soanya after she left the boat...
she was obviously pregnant and all the comments on the board
were clearly of the same mind...

I hadn't visited that site until today, so it was pretty 'fun' to see.
I'm not entirely sure why I find it amusing though.

I don't blame the guy :)
and the voyage still stands.

I personally don't find anything about this guy or his boat interesting for whatever reason.
I like the idea of his voyage. basic self sufficiency for 1000 days... but thats about it.

What is it about this guy that seems so fishy???
(other than the obvious avoidance of their relationship).

vinegarj

fishy?
yes, he definitely has his detractors.  i'm guessing some of them are jealous.  there's no evidence that he's not actually doing the 1000 day sail which seems like a helluva endurance feat to me.  and he did a chunk of it with a good looking gal half his age.  so, yeah, i see possible jealousy.   but he apparently has some issues from the past (if you listen to his detractors).  he can be grandiose about the importance and implications of his voyage, and it appears that he's largely doing it on someone else's dime.   i don't know......his day-to-day accounts are frequently new age drivel and not that interesting, but still i've got to give the man his due...so far he's sailed 500 days without touching land and de facto singlehanding for the most part, hit by a ship, growing and catching a good chunk of his food, etc.  i think it's pretty impressive.

AdriftAtSea

Reid's being hit by a ship was mostly due a lack of poor judgement on Reid's part IIRC, and was more them hitting it, than it hitting them... they broke off the bowsprit and forestay on Reid's beast of a schooner.
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more