News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Before it's too late

Started by Frank, December 20, 2008, 02:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

An old friend living on the east coast became quite ill a few weeks back.I looked into flying out to visit but this time of year is very hectic and the flights quite expensive until after Christmas. I got the call last night they had passed on. I reflect back to an old uncle years ago that I was to take fishing until suddenly he was gone.A wonderful old family friend I'd wanted to visit and again didn't.As I sit here and reflect on some of the things I feel bad about in my life...none are worst than the "I should have's"   If you have an old friend or relative...call or stop in to visit over the holidays...you never know when the chance is lost.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

ronc98

I am sorry to hear that,

You are completely right.  The worse thing in life are "what Ifs"

Captain Smollett

Grog, Frank.

You are right...thanks for the reminder.
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

s/v Faith

QuoteGrog, Frank....

....And another from me.

Thanks Frank.  Life is truly but a vapor.

Satisfaction is wanting what you already have.

chris2998

Thanks Frank, yes I am 29 and I say the same thing wish I would have visited with this person longer or this person, now that I am getting older and everyone else much much older I deffiniatly do try and take the time to see that person or just to simply give them a call and just say hello.

Chris

okawbow

How true. I have never had reason to regret taking the time to see an old freind or relative. But, I've spent years, regretting not doing so.
Here he lies where he long'd to be;  
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,  
  And the hunter home from the hill.

Bubba the Pirate

More Grog!  I'm sorry to hear that, but thank you for the reminder.  I had a similar experience when an Uncle/Kindred Spirit/Family Black Sheep passed.  I wrote a short piece on the blog about it. 

http://sailorbum.blogspot.com/2007/08/its-never-too-early-for-mea-culpa.html

Thanks again.

Todd
~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~
Todd R. Townsend
       Ruth Ann
      Bayfield 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~