-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Anybody sailing today?

Started by skylark, December 12, 2008, 01:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnK

2 Grogs fer ya, Pappy!

The first for the "numb" post, which was LOL funny. :D

And the second for that great video link...  8) 8) 8)

Frank - I dunno, but looking at that pic you posted, I am thinking that YOU are the one with the icy boats. ;D
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

CapnK

Quote from: Captain Smollett on December 13, 2008, 10:03:19 PM
Hey, what are we, chopped liver?

If you are in the area, stop by New Bern, fcol.  GREAT sailing town if a bit off the beaten path, just upriver from Oriental.

I just didn't think it would be polite to invite folks to *your* boat. Now that I know better...:

SAILFAR PARTY ON SMOLLETT"S BOAT IN NEW BERN!
BYOB (& strippers*)!!!

W00t!!! It's gonna be a blast!!!

*That's PAINT strippers! Get yer mind out of the gutter! :)
http://sailfar.net
Please Buy My Boats. ;)

skylark

schweet

those Alberg 30's sleep 14, don't they?
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

Captain Smollett

Quote from: skylark on December 14, 2008, 10:05:39 PM
schweet

those Alberg 30's sleep 14, don't they?

Yea, on DECK! 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

Lynx

That stuff looks really cold. I have been really lazy. After 13 months of cruising I have not moved the boat  for 3 weeks in Marathon Harbor. It even got cold enough to have to wear long pants!. Brrrrr.

Oh well, back to the short pants with temp's in the 70's this morning. Going to look for work in Key West again. Maby that bathing suit shop will hire me me ::)
MacGregor 26M

skylark

i thought you had the much coveted Alberg 30 slave trader cabin layout?  ???
Paul

Southern Lake Michigan

hearsejr

ssssoooooooooooooooooooooooo
what slip you at? is the liqur cabnet locked? ..you don't think you'll be there on what day?  I head on over and ..ahhuum guard the spirits for ya. no need to thank me...naahhh it's not any bother at all....don't worry I'm good at hide'n the hooch.  ;D

Captain Smollett

Quote from: skylark on December 15, 2008, 06:17:31 AM
i thought you had the much coveted Alberg 30 slave trader cabin layout?  ???

ROFL... grog
S/V Gaelic Sea
Alberg 30
North Carolina

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  -Mark Twain

AdriftAtSea

Hearse-

Hiding it in your stomach doesn't count you know... ;)

Quote from: hearsejr on December 15, 2008, 09:42:26 PM
ssssoooooooooooooooooooooooo
what slip you at? is the liqur cabnet locked? ..you don't think you'll be there on what day?  I head on over and ..ahhuum guard the spirits for ya. no need to thank me...naahhh it's not any bother at all....don't worry I'm good at hide'n the hooch.  ;D
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

dnice

Quote from: Lynx on December 15, 2008, 05:42:04 AM
That stuff looks really cold. I have been really lazy. After 13 months of cruising I have not moved the boat  for 3 weeks in Marathon Harbor. It even got cold enough to have to wear long pants!. Brrrrr.

Oh well, back to the short pants with temp's in the 70's this morning. Going to look for work in Key West again. Maby that bathing suit shop will hire me me ::)

The guy at the Mel Fisher treasure shop on Duval might have some work available...
Just ask if you can watch his booty for him  ;D

You could also look up Madek in Mallory square and see if he needs some help selling his bamboo didgeridoo's.

You guys are making me sick, I have to move to OHIO before February is over...and I'm already freezing to death around here with 50' temps at night!!!
I've been investing in Fleece and Wool for the past month or so :) (I'll have to endure atleast one full winter before its over  :'(   )

I think I'll survive...but at least maybe my aversion to the cold weather will keep me motivated to push on towards that permanent summer I'm searching for :)

Lynx, you are my hero!

hearsejr

Adrift..
you sure that don't count? you that's the last place anyone looks..lol

Linx needs to go back up north..I think he's having too much fun in the winters sun, while the rest of us are land locked. lolololol

jotruk

Lynx you can send some of that warmth this way, I got up this morning and it was 24 here. We had ice and freezing mist. I am sure tired of cold weather already.
s/v Wave Dancer
a 1979 27' Cherubini Hunter
Any sail boat regardless of size is a potential world cruiser, but a power boat is nothing more than a big expense at the next fuel dock

AdriftAtSea

Hearse—

The reason no one looks for the hooch there is they really don't want any of it from there... :)
Quote from: hearsejr on December 16, 2008, 03:28:21 AM
Adrift..
you sure that don't count? you that's the last place anyone looks..lol

Linx needs to go back up north..I think he's having too much fun in the winters sun, while the rest of us are land locked. lolololol
s/v Pretty Gee
Telstar 28 Trimaran
Yet we get to know her, love her and be loved by her.... get to know about My Life With Gee at
http://blog.dankim.com/life-with-gee
The Scoot—click to find out more

hearsejr

Lynx

Quote from: hearsejr on December 16, 2008, 03:28:21 AM

Lynx needs to go back up north..I think he's having too much fun in the winters sun, while the rest of us are land locked. lolololol

I am actually suffering from Acute Cold/shivering hocospocus syndrome and expect to go on relief soon. I will know when I am cured when I start wearing sweaters at 65 degrees. Not much is known about this, I have found a research center. Please send donations. I know I can find a cure.  ;D

Still waiting on the first government check, maybe I should just put on more fat.
MacGregor 26M

hearsejr

hehehehe James, you need to get out of that place ASAP! there is no cure, the only thing that will save you is a climate change...find the big "N" on the compass and follow it back up here before it's too late. lol.

Bill