News:

Welcome to sailFar! :)   Links: sailFar Gallery, sailFar Home page   

-->> sailFar Gallery Sign Up - Click Here & Read :) <<--

Main Menu

Bacon on board

Started by Bill W, August 15, 2012, 08:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill W

Thought I would get the bacon discussion out of the firearms and cruising thread.

I noticed the post about canned bacon. Brought back memories of working in the bush in the mid 70's and having canned bacon, canned whole chickens, canned butter and lots of other canned delights. We really weighed down those float planes that took us in and out.

Now, we are packing for 2 weeks in Lake Huron's North Channel. We will have bacon on board. The pre-cooked, vacuum packed type. Great for small boats and reduces the clean up. Not quite like the double smoked, thick cut bacon I can get at our favourite Polish deli, but the intent is there.

No ice cream, but I am sure we will find a couple of stops in Little Current & Killarney to satisfy that urge.

The kitchen table is building with food provisions as the week progresses.
Makin' Time
Montgomery 17
Ontario

Frank

Have fun on the North Channel. Say hello to "Annie" if you run across her for me.
God made small boats for younger boys and older men

Tim

There will be a contingent of very small cruisers (Monty15, Potters and the like) heading from out here in the west to the North Channel to meet up with Annie at the end of this month.
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Bill W

Quote from: Tim on August 15, 2012, 09:51:39 AM
There will be a contingent of very small cruisers (Monty15, Potters and the like) heading from out here in the west to the North Channel to meet up with Annie at the end of this month.

Will they be bringing bacon?  :)   Are you making the trip Tim?
Makin' Time
Montgomery 17
Ontario

Tim

No, I am going to be in Port Townsend at the end of this month, then spend September in Desolation Sound.
Hopefully someday I will get out there.

And regarding
Will they be bringing bacon?  Smiley

can't say for sure but I can say there will be libations in the bilge of at least one of the boats ;)
"Mariah" Pearson Ariel #331, "Chiquita" CD Typhoon, M/V "Wild Blue" C-Dory 25

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
W.A. Ward

Frank

I'll be down east or I'd be there!!!   Beautiful!!!  Have fun...and watch out for rocks  :o
God made small boats for younger boys and older men